Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to build a backyard jib for off-season practice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to build a backyard jib for off-season practice.

I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

haha that was awesome.

prolly the best instructional vid ive seen on how to make one. wish i saw this last year before i made a sh*tty one.

dave, can you tell me the length and height of the pieces.

like the kicker, the drop and the flat.

good job on the vid

Comment

Originally posted by ny300z View Post
      haha that was awesome.

prolly the best instructional vid ive seen on how to make one. wish i saw this last year before i made a sh*tty one.

dave, can you tell me the length and height of the pieces.

like the kicker, the drop and the flat.

good job on the vid

This is roughly the blueprint I followed for mine

Comment

^^^well that helps thanks!

maybe ill go home tonight and get the specs off mine and see what u guys think. Now that i see that blueprint i think my flat is too short

Comment

Originally posted by ny300z View Post
          ^^^well that helps thanks!

maybe ill go home tonight and get the specs off mine and see what u guys think. Now that i see that blueprint i think my flat is too short
          That blueprint is for skis...so the flat needs to be a bit longer in that one.

Comment

Originally posted by tyberesk View Post
            That blueprint is for skis...so the flat needs to be a bit longer in that one.
            that makes sense

Comment

The dimensions on mine are completely different.

(LxWxH)

Drop-in Deck: 4'x4'x4'
              Drop-In Ramp: 7'x4'x4'
              In-Run: 8'x4'x4"
              Kicker: 4'x4'x1.5'

The rail is 1/4" PVC Pipe, 3" diameter, 10' in length. I will be adding a 5' piece to give it a total of 15'.

I used three layers of snow fence for the surface and simply wet it for riding. The day was windy so it was slower than normal. When it snowed it was extremely fast.
              I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

thanks^^^

i only put one layer of snow fence on mine. 3 layers make it faster?

Comment

yea my dimensions are f*cked haha, i shouldve took my time and found blueprints like posted above.

here are mine, all the widths are standard plywood size, i didnt measure.

Drop in Deck - 4ft 6" high
                  Drop in Ramp - 8ft long
                  In Run - 4ft
                  Kicker - 1ft 11" long and only 10" high

the kicker def needs modding. I might start over this summer

Comment

The three layers are interlaced so that there is no surface area of the plywood showing. This way when you wet it there is no absorption into the wood so your boards will flow over 100% snow fence surface area for maximum performance.

I will be living back east this summer with tons of time on my 2 1/2 month vacation. So, if you need help I could come down and work with you on it. I'd be so down for a backyard jib session.
                    I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

Comment

Originally posted by fourdown View Post
                      The three layers are interlaced so that there is no surface area of the plywood showing. This way when you wet it there is no absorption into the wood so your boards will flow over 100% snow fence surface area for maximum performance.

I will be living back east this summer with tons of time on my 2 1/2 month vacation. So, if you need help I could come down and work with you on it. I'd be so down for a backyard jib session.
                      sounds good bro thanks

Comment

That was really cool Dave! Nice editing! Not that I'm gonna build one, but cool none the less for others!
                        C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

nice 2-7 on!

Comment

The video was removed.

Comment

Sorry, this was the first video I created when I moved out here to Colorado and there were issues with music and licensing. If you PM me I can give you my email address and we can discuss it further if you are looking to build something.
                              I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

Comment

Working...
                              X