Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What and how to get?

New to the forums so... hi.

Just out of curiosity started googling around and found this place. Also realized my current boards/blades are not so good (i think). Blizzard carvelino cx with some plastic bindings (that have never been waxed or serviced ). Since I like the sport and want to keep getting better, I'd like to get some proper stuff, maybe not immediately but at least for the next season.
    The problem is, I live in a small country called Estonia, so it's not just about going to shop and buying them. So how much do I actually have to pay for transport, etc and what happens if I should need to use the warranty?

The other thing is of course - what to choose?
    Been skiboarding (snowblading, skiblading, whatever) for ~5 years. Skiing before that for god knows how long. Although only last 2 years have been more serious. I spend a lot of time in park and take jumps up to 10m (~32ft) gap (biggest one we have on our puny hill) and have started making smaller tricks and spins. But whenever the mood takes and/or there is fresh snow, I also like to go off-piste or just cruise (so I'd like more or less an all-rounder).
    I weigh ~80kg (~175lb) and am ~185cm (~72in) tall.

So far revolts and KTP's have caught my eye. Personally leaning more towards KTP's. Also would like some recommendations on non-release bindings.

Hi, and welcome to a great community of skiboarders..

To save on shipping charges, you can buy your boards from Latvia.

Go to the "Where to Buy?" section -- This link is translated to English : http://translate.google.com/translat....skiboards.lv/

Comment

Never had experience with the boards you have but someone will. If you not going to get anytime soon then i seriously advise you to get you blades waxed, you will really notice the difference. The KTP's would be awesome in the park but the revolts would be a little bit better for landing big jumps.
      Thomas

Revolt Cities
      Spruce Pro Primes
      Groove x1

Comment

Heh, Latvia of all the places to sell skiboards, thanks, I'll check it out.

Edit: And why are revolts better for landing jumps? The length difference is minimal and KTP's are a bit wider.

Comment

Global economy!! Love it.

Boards:

Spruce 120s(x2), ALPs(x3), Lacroix 99's, BWPs.

Bindings:

Pro Prime Riser/Rossi Bindings(x2).

Comment

Working...
          X