Landing Fakie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landing Fakie

Since My leaching on another thread brought no results, I'll just make a new thread for this question. I have just recently started to trying to do 180's off of kickers that are only about 1 foot high. Even from this low I've had some problems with consistancy in my spinning and problems with the fakie landings. Any advice on how to fix either of these 2 problems so I can get it down before I try it on anything bigger?
    I do it because I can.
    I can because I want to.
    I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
    '08 KTPs

well the spinning is more of a feel thing just practice on the ground anytime you get a chance and off of anything (yeah it sounds stupid but hey it works). just learn to control your body to only spin the amount you want no more no less. With landing fakie the problem is everyone wants to lean forward. You actually want to lean backward a bit ( downhill) and stay centered over the skis if your leaning youll spin out and it doesn't look very good. I was actually having a problem landing backwards the other day for some reason too. but those are the basic keys

-mike

Comment

Just remember that the time of landing is like sitting on chair....send your ass downhill.....
      I am not a teacher not even a very good skiboarder so the only i can do is tell you what is working for me.
      Nikolas "Engineer" Kavoulis
      --------------------------------
      Proud Owner of
      Revel8 Revolt "Condor" 2009
      Spruce 2009 Pro Prime Risers & Release Bindings
      Dalbello Krypto Rambage 09
      --------------------------------
      "Why ride if you can't remember it?" GOM 12.10.08

Comment

I'm not that good at it either but....I do like a safety grab when I spin. It helps me sort of stay on the right axis and I feel more comfortable in the air. Thats just me though...it might not work for everyone but thats what I do.
        Live and ride like there's no tomorrow...because tomorrow might not be here for you.

Comment

Working...
        X