Skiboard Rentals??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skiboard Rentals??

So I havent tried skiboarding yet but I've been talking about it and researching it for months. I've been snowboarding for just over 8 years and need a change. I don't want to run out and buy skiboards until I know I can at least stand up in them.. so renting is the best option. Except that I cannot find anywhere even remotely near me to rent. I'm heading up to Pico (Killington, VT) next weekend and really want to skiboard. Any suggestions at all as to where or how I can rent some skiboards??? Help!

Thanks,
    Tina

Hey Tina,

I dont' have any suggestions on where unfortunatly but if you can stand up and roll/glide on rollerblades/inline skates/hockey skates then you should be fine!

I found because inline'd prior that it really helps the learning curve for skiboarding.

Alternatively you can buy some cheap snowblades ($20-$40) and try them out too. However, they are different from the todays skiboard as they are typically alot thinner than the Revel8 boards.

I hope that helps!
    Mike W.

00-Line Mike Nick Pro 98cm w/ Line FF Pro Bindings
    Canon M7's (black) w/ groove bindings

Comment

Cool, well that at least gives me some confidence. I used to rollerblade a lot. I'm not sure if it's even worth it to buy the cheapo ones, if I'm gunna do it I wanna do it up right. Thanks for your input though!

Comment

Perhaps someone in your area would be willing to let you demo a pair? The forum members here seem to be pretty open to doing things like that.
        Revel8 2009 KTP
        Spruce Pro 75
        Full Tilt 2009 High Five

Comment

If you ask resorts if they rent snowblades, more of them will probably know what you're taking about. These are very likely much, much lower quality and not as stable as modern skiboards sold at this fine site, but it would at least give you an idea.

Comment

Hmm snowblades... I'll have to ask about those then. I've been eyeing the Revel8 Tansho 90cm set. I'm kind of obsessed with the graphics, and I know I definitely want short boards. This is getting in the way of me trying something of lesser quality though..

Comment

I have the Tanshos and like them. They're a good length, especially for someone smaller.

What kind of riding do you intend to do, and how tall are you?

The Tanshos aren't the best powder boards, but for groomed runs and park I've enjoyed them.

Comment

I'm sure I'll be sticking with groomed runs. I'm 5'3" which is why I was opting for a smaller length.

Comment

Tina,

I know how you feel! I am 25 days (YAHOO) away from my first skiboarding adventure, and I had a bear of a time finding skiboard rentals. I am going to Tahoe, and was going to "deal" with using Salomon Snowblades, until I found a shop that offered Snowblades and skiboards. The boards they rent are Snowjam 99's with releasable bindings, and aren't "true" skiboards because they're not truly symmetrical, but they are very close. I think if you're going to find some, those might be what you end up finding. But I agree with the other posts, ask for Snowblades, that helped me when I was calling around looking for skiboards. Most of the time I got the response of "Huh? What are those?" I got a little closer asking for really short twin tip type skis. But if you can find someone on here that will let you demo their boards, more power to you. I will hopefully enjoy my pseudo skiboards that I will be renting next month, and then I will be purchasing a pair here. I can't wait! I hope you have some luck, and more importantly, some fun in the snow!
                  If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it.

Independent Beachbody Coach
                  www.GetFitnessFast.com
                  www.FastFitShake.com
                  www.facebook.com/CoachHeidiG

SBOLTeam III Rider

'11 Revolt "Trees"
                  '07 BWP's
                  2011 Spruce Pro Lite's
                  Head Edge+ 8.5 One Boots

Comment

search craigslist. I found a pair for $20 last summer. They are Crazy Blades by Crazy Banana. They are slightly better than the snowblades by rossi because they are fatter and wood cored. but still good enough for me to get a taste! After the first run I was hooked. I immediately began scouring the internet for better boards. I would say go for it and buy the tansho's but if you have any doubt get on craigslist. or better yet www.crazedlist.org (this enables you to search every craigslist through out the country) but i'll warn you, every one of my friends are doing the same, so you might have to fight them for the perfect pair in I dont know.... tallahassee

Whatever you decide, you wont be let down by the skiboards. If you choose for a cheaper used pair, you will only want to upgrade immediately, but will still have a great time!!!
                    '11 DLP
                    '10 Condor / Black Zero Pro
                    '10 KTP
                    Journey boards and bindings
                    '09 Tansho / FF-CAMS (GF's)
                    Line Five-O (GF's)
                    Groove AF1 / Groove cheapy's
                    and not to forget my beloved first boards... Crazy Blades!!!!
                    A big ass PA system, so lets throw a f*cking party!
                    www.f1rstclasscitizen.com

Full Tilt - First Chair

Comment

oh, and I'll see you all at tahoe!!!
                      '11 DLP
                      '10 KTP
                      Line Five-O (GF's)

Full Tilt - First Chair

Comment

One more thing, The great thing about picking up a cheap pair is that once you upgrade, you have a pair to let your friends try to get them riding as well!!!
                        '11 DLP
                        '10 KTP
                        Line Five-O (GF's)

Full Tilt - First Chair

Comment

Originally posted by Tinajam View Post
                          I'm sure I'll be sticking with groomed runs. I'm 5'3" which is why I was opting for a smaller length.
                          I have the tansho
                          atually for my gf. she loves them.
                          i am sure you'll too.

you should go to one of these meet ups and ask if someone 's willing to let you try one pair.

people in this forum are very nice
                          2011 Receptor Gold on 2010 KTP and DLP

Comment

Originally posted by xxxander View Post
                            I would say go for it and buy the tansho's but if you have any doubt get on craigslist. or better yet www.crazedlist.org (this enables you to search every craigslist through out the country) but i'll warn you, every one of my friends are doing the same, so you might have to fight them for the perfect pair in I dont know.... tallahassee
                            Holy crap xxxander, that is the best link EVER! So handy for future Craig's List searches! Btw, I don't think there are any boards for sale in Tallahassee, I just checked Thanks!
                            If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it.

Independent Beachbody Coach
                            www.GetFitnessFast.com
                            www.FastFitShake.com
                            www.facebook.com/CoachHeidiG

SBOLTeam III Rider

'11 Revolt "Trees"
                            '07 BWP's
                            2011 Spruce Pro Lite's
                            Head Edge+ 8.5 One Boots

Comment

Nice, thanks for the advice! I never even knew that site existed.. pretty sweet.

Comment

Working...
                              X