How Are These??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Are These??

I am interested in the revel8 Mary Janes "rumspringa". hwo do these preform and are they a good brand, i am new and considering buying. please help me. also what is the best non release bindings i can get for 100$ and Under

Originally posted by arsenal2687 View Post
    I am interested in the revel8 Mary Janes "rumspringa". hwo do these preform and are they a good brand, i am new and considering buying. please help me. also what is the best non release bindings i can get for 100$ and Under
    Maryjane is very nice.
    They are one of the narrow boards that Revel8 carries.
    and about the brand.. revel8 is the most reliable brand carrying high quality of skiboards with excellent customer service. so don't worry about the brand. you're at the right place.

back to MJ,
    they are narrower, so it's easier to get on the edges. (no need of extra effort to get on edges) they carve great.
    if you're up for big park, such as rails and jumps, people tend to prefer wider boards since they will give you more stability. but i've seen people riding rocket (which is same dimension as MJ) in the park and they had no problem.

for non release bindings.
    I strongly recommend you to think about investing more on bindings. they make very big difference.
    i would recommend, zero, line pro, bomber elite 2, R8 receptor.
    i had snowjam extreme, but it was very different from bomber elite 2.
    you can see the reviews of these products at skiboardreview.com

but yeah... invest more on bindings.
    if you don't have much, think about getting used bomber elite 2, or zero, line pro. R8 receptor is new so you won't find used till next season i think.

hope this helped a little

Oh and lastly
    people in this forum can help you better if you tell us your weight and height. =)
    2011 Receptor Gold on 2010 KTP and DLP

Comment

Rider info here:http://www.skiboardsonline.com/vbull...ead.php?t=9388
      sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

To expand more on what Jpark said, here's the direct link to the reviews.

http://www.skiboardreview.com/rumspringa.html

Thanks for mentioning us Jpark!!
        Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

what would you say skiboarding is most similar to this is my first time so i dont know if i should buy expensive ones or cheap.

Comment

what would you say skiboarding is most similar to this is my first time so i dont know if i should buy expensive ones or cheap.
            Well the price difference isn't THAT big, and the extra 80 dollars you'd spent on bindings, WILL make a difference!

On the board side, Revel8 is a very high quality brand with a wonderful customer-service by Greco!

You should think about how much you plan to get on the slopes. If you only get out there for 2 or 3 days a year, you might not need to buy the very best, but if you'll deffinately enjoy skiboarding.

It's a lot like inline skating by the way.
            2010 KTP
            2010Receptors
            2011 Full Tilt Hot Doggers

www.myspace.com/damnthedoorisclosed

Comment

Dang JPARK, that was thorough.

+1 Rep for you

Comment

Step up to some receptors...you will notice the difference.

Boards:

Spruce 120s(x2), ALPs(x3), Lacroix 99's, BWPs.

Bindings:

Pro Prime Riser/Rossi Bindings(x2).

Comment

Originally posted by Jens View Post

It's a lot like inline skating by the way.
                  I have never skted before on Ice or on land. I have ski for almost 10 years now is it very similar but just a smaller scale to say 170's skis

Comment

I have never skted before on Ice or on land. I have ski for almost 10 years now is it very similar but just a smaller scale to say 170's skis
                    It is ofcourse different. Not in a way snowboarding is from Skiing, but you'll have to get used to these shorter and wider boards.

Some people get it immediately, others have to get used to them for a day or two.

It would be easier to adapt to a smaller board (MJ's, BWP's) than for example KTP's or Condors, due to their width.

I moved from snowblades to KTP's, and from the first run I managed to handle them pretty well! Their extra width just adds a whole new dimension to the experience of skiboarding.

I would say: Yes it's a lot like skiing, but it will take some time to get them on the edges, or to get used to their width.

Hope that helped!
                    2010 KTP
                    2010Receptors
                    2011 Full Tilt Hot Doggers

www.myspace.com/damnthedoorisclosed

Comment

thanks alot jens but is it closer to skking or inline skating

Comment

Working...
                      X