New to SB, Question on bindings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to SB, Question on bindings?

I am new to skiboarding, but not to skiing. This will be my first year and buy of boards. I am going to get the Revolt8 "mary Janes". First i want to know if they are a good brand of board, or good type. For bindings i love the graphic of the Mary Janes but if i use releasable bindings it covers the whole graphic. On the Other hand if i use non release which i here is more dangerous you can see the whole graphic basically. So could you please advise me it would help alot.

Welcome to the forum and skiboarding.

To help us give some guidance, please tell us a bit about your height, weight, how long your skied, and where do you plan to use your skiboards. And if you have not done so already, check this thread out to confirm the the MJs are right for you. http://www.skiboardsonline.com/vbull...ead.php?t=7115

All the skiboards sold at skiboardsonline are top quality and you cannot go wrong buying from SBOL. It is the best service experience you will ever have.
    sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

thanks for that, i am 5'7 or 67 Inches, i weigh 175 and i have been regular skiing for about 13 years now. i have never tried skiboarding so this will be my first year. i plan on going into the parks and using it for an all mountain experience. i go anywhere from upstate NY, to vermont so any terrain. thanks for the replies.

Comment

arsenal,

105 Revolts, 101 KTP or 110 ALPs may be the most appropriate if you want an all mountain skiboard, but still very good in the park. The MJs have less width and therefore float making them more appropriate for a lighter rider for all mountain or a rider who is only on groomers or the park. 105 Revolts or 101 KTP would be OK for you with or without release bindings, 110 ALP would be best with release bindings for your height.

The 105 Revolts are an awesome skiboard and the most popular as suggested by the number offered. I suggest you give it consideration and check out the reviews at this website: http://www.skiboardreview.com/revolt.html
        sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

don't worry about covering graphics too much.
          i had release on ALP and MJ before and it is really not that bad.
          so just think about the performance

get the ones that fits your riding style
          whichever you get you will love them.
          quality of R8 skiboards will serve you well =P
          2011 Receptor Gold on 2010 KTP and DLP

Comment

Working...
          X