rails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rails

i have a couple i deas was wondering if any one else had any ideas not too expensive though. i want to make about 2 more rails after i get the 2 i am working on done. i have the 2 pvc pipe idea but if u have any others let me know
    Sessions Flicker Pinups jacket/DC Denier-d pants
    2008 FT High Five
    Salomon Verse 550
    -2011 ktp's w/ black receptors(soon)
    -Line Weapons/FF pros (blk&red)
    -Groove patriot (2hole)/skyskater
    links: SFD Clothing & Outdoor Technology

also what would be a good length i might be able to peice some stuff to gether
    2008 FT High Five
    Salomon Verse 550

Comment

First off I would use metal not PVC. PVC is to flexible. Do you have a home depot where you are or some kind of home supply store? You would be suprised at how cheap you can buy metal pipe for. Just do a double barrel rail.(2 side by side) Unless you know of a place to get square or rectangular pipe.

You can go here for some ideas http://skateboarddirectory.com/srch/?qt=Grind_rails
      Live and ride like there's no tomorrow...because tomorrow might not be here for you.

Comment

This place is actually cheap to just buy a rail premade

http://www.skateplus.com/main.htm
        Live and ride like there's no tomorrow...because tomorrow might not be here for you.

Comment

the thick walled 2in. pvc is strong
          and i dont have the time to use metal
          2008 FT High Five
          Salomon Verse 550

Comment

if you want a rail that will last you'll use metal over pvc.

Comment

last longer? pvc will hold up for along time. way easier to work wih, and way lighter, not to mention it feels so much smoother
              REVEL8 Killin it Since 05!!!!.....maybe we're just alil more epic?

Comment

We had a pvc rail up in our park a few years ago and it didn't last 3 weeks.

Comment

Yes PVC slides pretty good but if you get a good smooth piece of pipe it will be WAY faster. Courtney is right also. PVC will wear fast and crack and is very weather affected. Meaning cold weather=cracking(using it for skiboarding) and hot= bending and breaking(assuming using it for inline or sk8ing). If you HAVE to use PVC over metal then you might do what I used to do(before I switched to metal)and anchor your pieces of PVC to whatever you use for a base and then fill the pipe with concrete. Makes it heavier and more stable and less likely to crack on you. But I say metal would still be the better choice.

Comment

Working...
                  X