Want advice on starting to learn tricks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want advice on starting to learn tricks

So I've been skiing for about 7 or 8 years just doing basic downhill stuff but I just bought my first real pair of skiboards (Revel8 Trees). I took them out once and was amazed by the stability. Since I already have the whole going downhill thing mastered after years of skiing, I now want to start learning some tricks. The problem is I really just don't know where to start. Anyone that has some suggestions for a black-diamond quality skiier to start using his boards to their potential, I would love any advice.

Thanks!
    Jon
    2008 Revolt "Trees" with Blue Groove X1's
    2007 BWPs with Line FreeFlex

"It isn't for the moment you are struck that you need courage, but for the long up hill battle to faith, sanity and security." - Anne Lindbergh

Already covered here:

http://www.skiboardsonline.com/vbull...ghlight=tricks

Comment

your not too far away, id love to meet up and possibly teach you some stuff. where do you normally ski?
      facebook.com/dlynamr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s7yBfCTp2M

Comment

Wherever I can get to. I usually go to Whitetail and Wisp just because they're the two I'm most familiar with and they're both within a couple hours for a good day trip (plus Wisp's green hill has a raised snow wall on one side to mess around cutting in and out of the woods and use almost as a halfpipe). I've also been to Blue Knob, Liberty, and Round Top. I have buddies up outside Allentown and I use their couches a couple times a winter as a jumping off point for Blue or Montage.

I really appreciate the offer...I'll shoot you a PM sometime soon.

"It isn't for the moment you are struck that you need courage, but for the long up hill battle to faith, sanity and security." - Anne Lindbergh

Comment

I think we should setup a RoundTop meet

Comment

ill be at bear and jf bb, if you want a day of park lessons, those are the places to learn. your more than welcome to stay here for a night to get out on the slopes
            facebook.com/dlynamr8

Comment

I appreciate it dude. Problem is I coach/play for a basketball team (old dudes gotta stay in shape somehow...26th birthday is coming up so 30 is closer than 20) that plays every Sunday so for the next couple of months I'm sort of tied to Saturday day trips. Maybe after my season ends in late Feb. I'll be able to get out there for a full weekend of faceplants.

Comment

Originally posted by Davelynam View Post
                ill be at bear and jf bb, if you want a day of park lessons, those are the places to learn. your more than welcome to stay here for a night to get out on the slopes
                ill be up at jfbb again probably 2-3 times in jan and feb and will likely take you up on some lessons. im landing probably 1 out of 4 easy rails/boxes and about the same on small/medium size jumps. i can crush carve hard on just about any black/double black trail but landing jumps is my weakness.

----
                Revel8 ALPs
                Bomber Elites
                Salomon Foil Boots

Comment

wow guys
                  let me know when you guys are gathering.
                  i wanna join to if you guys don't mind
                  2011 Receptor Gold on 2010 KTP and DLP

Comment

we just gata set up the right times
                    facebook.com/dlynamr8

Comment

Hey guys...resurrecting an old thread. I'll prob be visiting friends in the Allentown area the last weekend in February. Anybody interested in Blue Mountain or JFBB? Dave...are you going to be around that weekend? I think there's a long line of us that would love to meet up and ride with you and take notes.

Comment

Working...
                      X