Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet more n00b questions

Okay so here is my story:

I'm an intermediate skier but have a hard time with parallel skiing because it torques on my ankles and knees alot.

I tried snowboarding for the first time and wound up with a broken humerus bone in my arm trying to learn on hard groomed man-made snow..i.e. extremely hard to catch an edge not to mention painful when I fell..hence the broke arm. My base has been handling about 3 snowboard injuries a week with broken limbs before the fresh powder dumped.

I like the idea of skiboards because poles are a pain and I like the tricks that snowboards do. I'd like recommendations on a board that would handle all the terrains of Tahoe along with giving me some good speed downhill, and of course tricks. I think since they are shorter not having them release due to a fall may not be a big a deal compared to wearing 170cm skis. I wasn't too crazy about snowboards because of the inability to catch a good edge on hard pack groomed snow, not to mention it can be a pain to snap-in on a slope, plus taking a heavy fall with those can cause or make an injury worse.

I am 5'8" and weigh 165 and in good shape..with the exception of my broken arm. I plan on picking up a good deal on skiboards when summer hits since I've already missed this season due to injury. Thanks for the advice, I know it has been giving many times over.
    Last edited by G Money; 01-27-2005, 05:23 PM.

i would personaly recomend either the BWP (ben wanamaker pros) Or the ALP (Adam lynam pros). if u r lookin for the longer boards the ALP's are 110, these are really stirty boards the provide a very controled ride on and off the terain park, but if ur lookin for a good origonail size board.. go with the BWPs. or u could even try the cannon M7s but i would bet a lot of money that the BWPs would last longer
    facebook.com/dlynamr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s7yBfCTp2M

Comment

Here is a pic of me in all my snowboard glory.
      Attached Files

Comment

i know ur pain with broken arm. just dont be like me and push ur limtis directly after take ur time. otherwise u may end up breaking it more then once.
        "I Know that I am a woman, a woman with inward strength and plenty of courage"
        ~Anne Frank~

Comment

lol nice pic, i like the bubbles they made me laugh. but yeah if ur transfering from 170s it mite be a good idea to start with 110 to 90. if u go straight to like 82s u probably wont do so good the first time. but thats just me

Comment

I think I've seen that image somewhere else...
            - 2004-2005 Snowjam 90cm (BLD, Red, White and Blue)
            - 2004-2005 Bomber Elite Bindings (Regular)
            - 2004-2005 Tecnica Entryx 3 Boots (Mondo 27.5)
            - 2004-2005 Pro-Tec Ace Full Face Black Flame Helmet (Medium)
            - 2004-2005 Smith Prodigy Turbo Fan Goggles w/Platinum Mirror or Sensor Mirror Lenses.
            - Usually riding at Bear Creek wearing a black jacket with white stripes down the sleeves and black ski pants.

Comment

Working...
            X