Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help

Hay peeps,
    Just bought a set of blades out here in North Dakota, I haven’t been on skis or anything in over 6 years, so I am basically going back to the basics.

last week end I decided to go blading and well thought that I would try out the easiest slope first, well that went ok till I tried to stop and well from there well I went for a tumble. Lol. but anyway I kept going down till I could stop and learned how to do that on the easiest slope and how to turn ok, but I decided to go down I would say an intermediate slope and I guess I got going to fast and fell or something and was knocked unconscious. Lol. I guess that after that ill stick to the easiest slopes for a while...

Anyways for the questions. What is a good way to learn to stop?
    A good way to turn? And what is a good way to learn better balance besides just practicing?
    Devilsdancer24

do u skate at all? If so i would say assume the same position u are comfortable with when skating
    "I Know that I am a woman, a woman with inward strength and plenty of courage"
    ~Anne Frank~

Comment

actually i havnt skated for about the same ammount of time so im kinda starting fresh.
      Devilsdancer24

Comment

most people pick up skiboarding fairly quickly but if you knocked yourself unconscious on a blue run and don't feel like you're progressing on your own you might want to take a ski lesson.

Comment

As for ways of stopping, ski teachers generally start out with the wedge stop. To do this, just pbring the tips of the boards to eachother. This doesn't work quite as well on skiboards because they aren't quite as long, but you can use it enough to help. To actually stop most people use a hockey stop. To do this just turn sideways and lean slightly uphill. As for turning, just put your weight on your ouside foot and it should pretty much turn you. Practice these on greens till you can go at a decent speed, then start out going slowly down blues. Also, grab urself a helmet so you won't get knocked unconsious as easily. Permanent Drain Bamage is not fun.
          I do it because I can.
          I can because I want to.
          I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
          '08 KTPs

Comment

thanks guys.
            Devilsdancer24

Comment

Working...
            X