Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie + ALP = ?

Someone in the gear forum quoted this Andy Stewart interview:

"...people who are going to longer boards are being lazy, on bigger boards it is a lot easier to go bigger and land, on skiboards it is harder to go big . . ."

Ok, so I'm an advanced intermediate skiier that's stuck mostly to small bumps and carving, afraid to try much more with my Rosignol 195cm's. I thought I'd give skiboarding a try because it sounds like an easy way to get into more daring jumps and tricks.

Is it just me, or do other newbies LIKE the idea of it being easier to land on long-ish skiboards? I'm 6'0", 185lbs, and it seems to me that Mix ALP's with the Spruce Mountain Riser bindings would be the perfect setup to carry me all the way from beginner to advanced skiboarding. Thoughts anyone?

With your height and weight I would say yes that would be a good combination. I would say if you are looking for shorter dont go further then a 90cm board. I am 5'8" and around 135 lbs and i use between 75cm and 85cm boards depending on my mood. on both boards i use non realesable bindings but with the size of the Mix ALP's i would recommend using the releasables.(though i dont think adam lynman does)

Anyway welcome to the sport and i hope you have a great time learning.

Kellz
    "I Know that I am a woman, a woman with inward strength and plenty of courage"
    ~Anne Frank~

Comment

Working...
    X