NEwbie from DownUnder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEwbie from DownUnder

Hi everybody... First of all.. i must say this is a super COOl site .. and i Lurvee it...

I came across skiboarding while looking to buy some ski gear and i thought to myself: Cool.." maybe this is what i should be doing instead... "

Thus... out goes the ski idea and in comes SKIBOARDING ....there is still soo much for me to learn and if anyone could please enlighten me, that would be sooo great...

To start off with my first problem... i am probably what most ppl would consider small.. to be exact.. i am 160cm and weigh only 45 kg...any suggestions on which skiboards would be recommended for me? In terms of terrain, i would like to own a pair of ski boards that is pretty much versatile so as to give me a choice... any ideas?

Thank you

i wish i knew what 160 cm and 45 kg is in feet and pounds... but assuming you're smaller than most.. you should probably go with something like a snowjam 75.. or maybe a canon heritage 90 or a mix core 90? check out the sbol skiboard chart.. it tells you the recommended minimum hieght and weight i think.. ask greco, he's always great with replies and explanations..

oh.. and welcome to the wonderful world of skiboarding =)
    says i: DirtyStirFry

Comment

um... i think its 5'2 and 100 pounds.. i will be sure to ask greg as well...

I was thinking more of line or mix's.. wat do you think ?

Comment

For your size, I'd say go with the Mix Cores.

Comment

Originally posted by pinky
          um... i think its 5'2 and 100 pounds.. i will be sure to ask greg as well...

I was thinking more of line or mix's.. wat do you think ?

hehehe greg!

blimey your as light as a feather well i suppose im 5'10 and i weigh 140 yeh go with mix cores

Comment

yeah 90cm mix cores, 90cm snowjam, 90cm heritage - you'll be a very happy skiboarder :-)

Comment

Thanks guys...omg.. soo much choices to make.. :P

I am looking at the mixes... (they look soo cool).. any thoughts on the alpina's or the snowjams?

If you guys had a choice.. which boards between the mixes,alpinas or snowjams would you prefer...

oh.. and my dilemma no.2 and 3. are:

what boots should i get? i've heard alot about the raichle... how bout tecnica nordica or rossignol.. any ideas..?

and what should i get for bindings? releasable or non-releasable for me.. i don't really have a budget... so what would the the best for both?

I am so sorry for all the questions.. any sort of info will help me guys...

** i am soo excited.. i can feel the adrenalin... nver felt anything like this since ice hocky.. **

pinky

Comment

mix is definetly the best out of the bunch.. although i've never had a problem with my snow jammers, if you're on a budget.. boots i've always found to be a personal preference.. i suggest going to a ski and board store and trying on different pairs.. but more importantly.. you play hockey?!?! nice.. so if i ever go down under i can find a good game of pick up? that's nice to know..
                says i: DirtyStirFry

Comment

the mix cores are one of the most beautiful skiboards i have laid my eyes on. I was shocked that they looked as good as they did. go mix
                  REVEL8 Killin it Since 05!!!!.....maybe we're just alil more epic?

Comment

Working...
                  X