Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

screw the exchange rate. i am gonna have a new pair of ktp to try it out this winter

and finger crossed for no custom charge on my ktp!

Comment

My KTPs with Bomber2s were $21 in duty to Montreal.
      Red Square Sherpas

Comment

Originally posted by 12eaper View Post
        screw the exchange rate. i am gonna have a new pair of ktp to try it out this winter

Yeah, when I ordered mine I was wishing I had done it during the summer with the high Canadian dollar, that exchange rate hurt the pocket a little.
        2012 Rockered Condors/Spruce Pro Sport///Revolt Cities/Snowjam Extreme2's

Comment

An update, my ktp is arriving today. I have to say the shipping is fast within 7 days it arrived!! Thanks Greco for the fast shipping!

too bad that i have class today so i'll have to pick it up at a post office later this week.

Comment

i finally went and got my ktps! the custom charge was 40$

also i notice that in the envelope there were alot of Greco's Business card. so im assuming that i should be handing it out or is because he ran out of packaging stuff

Comment

Those are to hand out. It's all in the fine print, but by buying from SBOL you agree to be his minion in spreading the word of skiboarding to the masses. He at least hasn't added a clause requiring your soul as well, but most of us just put it into the skiboarding world anyway.
              I do it because I can.
              I can because I want to.
              I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
              '08 KTPs

Comment

Wait, there wasn't a clause for my soul? Wonder what G is doing with the silly little thing then... I sent it to him, cause I figured I owed it to him.

Boards: Revel8 Revolt "Trees" / Revel8 2008 KTPs / Line Jedi
                Bindings: Bombers / FF Pros
                Boots: Raichle 125s

Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by 12eaper View Post

They are a blast

Boards:

Spruce 120s(x2), ALPs(x3), Lacroix 99's, BWPs.

Bindings:

Pro Prime Riser/Rossi Bindings(x2).

Comment

Of course the one year I can afford boards again the exchange rate sucks! Still Doesn't stop me from ordering as I want new boards badly

I should just wait, and order, when the exchange rate is better next time. Or just buy USD when the rate is good and store it under a mattress LOL

Now waiting to see what the Custom fee is :X NO whammy no whammy no whammy STOP!

Comment

Avoid UPS shipping to Canada. USPS which is then delivered by Canada Post is the most cost effective. Sometimes I have been lucky and Canada Post has not even charged me GST.

As for exchange rates, set up a US bank account with your Canadian bank and play the rate game. Better than a mattress.

Another option is sell items into the US using PayPal with payment in US dollars. Leave the US cash in PayPal for US purchases to avoid the exchange rate difference hit by the banks.
                      sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

If you live close'ish to the border you might want to send em to a receiving service. I had Jeff from Spruce send me a new setup this week. It was $55 to ship to Montreal or $12 to Maseena, NY. I then cross back into Ontario (Cornwall) to save on the PST. Scammers Quebec charges PST, whereas Ontario doesn't.

So a 40min drive (1way) and a $5 fee saves me a decent amount. I have other stuff to grab though to make it worthwhile. I use Kinek in my case, but around me there are 3 or 4 different companies doing it.
                        Red Square Sherpas

Comment

Originally posted by slow View Post
                          Avoid UPS shipping to Canada. USPS which is then delivered by Canada Post is the most cost effective. Sometimes I have been lucky and Canada Post has not even charged me GST.

As for exchange rates, set up a US bank account with your Canadian bank and play the rate game. Better than a mattress.

Another option is sell items into the US using PayPal with payment in US dollars. Leave the US cash in PayPal for US purchases to avoid the exchange rate difference hit by the banks.
                          I don't know which one I picked... I picked the cheapest... Oops.

I like the paypal idea, just have to find enough stuff to sell.

And i'm like 3-4 hours away from the border.....

Comment

Originally posted by Solarmoon View Post

I like the paypal idea, just have to find enough stuff to sell.
                            I believe you can preload money into Pay Pal so you don't have to actually sell something to have a positive balance with them.
                            Just these, nothing else !

Comment

I used the paypal route stated for my purchases! Definitely helped a lot for conversion rates!

And as for customs, I seem to have avoided
                              Riding: RVL8 '15 Rockered Condors
                              Bindings: RVL8 '15 Black Receptors | Tyrolia Attack 13 Release Bindings
                              Boots: Full Tilt '14 Booters - 27.5

Comment

Its been a while since anyone updated this thread, so I'm gonna be a forum necromancer for a second here.

Just had my Revolt's w/ release bindings come through customs in Richmond BC via USPS and my customs/duty fees are $31.96 CAD. Not too bad at all.
                                New to ski boarding
                                First board: 2020 Revolt "Things & Stuff" w/ Tyrolia Attack2 13 bindings
                                Second board TBD

Comment

Working...
                                X