Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boot Fit In Bindings

Hey guys,

I've used the search function, read all the stickies, googled, and read a lot of beginner guides, but i could not find the answer to my question: how should the boot fit into the binding?

i have groove x1 bindings. i am coming from skis, and as im sure you all know, the boots fit firmly into the bindings with no movement at all (release bindings).

at the moment, when i put my boots into the bindings, you can pull up on them, and they "detach" from the board but are still "in" the binding. should it do that? i know when im standing on them, they wont be "up" like that, im just worried about actually riding on them. if not, how do i tighten them down?

any help would be greatly apprciated!

I'm not positive I know what you mean, but I'm fairly sure. Tighten the 4 screws in the middle of the binding underneath where you boot is.

If those are tight, but it's your boot that's sloppy and loose in the bindings you'll need to adjust them to fit your boot using an allen wrench.
    Chickens with Spruce Pro Lite
    Line Jedis with Snowjams

Comment

Originally posted by nate View Post
      I'm not positive I know what you mean, but I'm fairly sure. Tighten the 4 screws in the middle of the binding underneath where you boot is.

If those are tight, but it's your boot that's sloppy and loose in the bindings you'll need to adjust them to fit your boot using an allen wrench.
      well i got to take them out this christmas. boots stayed in the bindings firmly and and no problems whatsoever, but the thing i wasnt used to is what i asked before. i can lift the toes of my boots up while in the binding. is this normal? im used standard releasable bindings where the boot has no movement at all when in the binding.

i dont see how i can tighten the boots down if needed. again, the boots dont come out of the bindings at all. the toes of my boots just lift up.

Comment

Your boot should not move at all in the binding, tighten that up.

Comment

post up a video, what bindings ?

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
            post up a video, what bindings ?

i think they're groove x1 or like them. they came with the boards.

in the vid, you can see that i can pull up on the boots, but they remain in the bindings. also, ive already put 3 hours of boarding on them how they are with no problems. i also tried to show how i cant tighten them anymore than i already have. all the teeth are matched up as well.
            Last edited by Greco; 12-29-2008, 06:25 PM.

Comment

the toe clamp is under the part it should be laying on. stop the video at :06 and take a look. those are snowjam extreme 1 bindings btw.

where is ty's video everyone?

Comment

oh wow. have you been riding like that ? its supposed to go above that peice

i'm arranging for a video in a few moments.

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

where is ty's vid at. It needs to be stickied
                  you never really don't realize it, you just quit caring...

Comment

found it

How to put on nonreleaseable Skiboard Bindings from Skiboarders United on Vimeo.
                    you never really don't realize it, you just quit caring...

Comment

Originally posted by Kirk S View Post
                      where is ty's vid at. It needs to be stickied
                      i just added it to the Skiboard FAQ

Comment

ive been looking for a video like that everywhere!!!

but yea, i did 3 hours of boarding on them with virtually no problems at all riding them the wrong way. only came off maybe 3 times, but that was from falling while pretty much boarding on ice. LOL

thanks, guys!

Comment

I have to be honest, when I saw your video I had to laugh, and then I realized that I didn't have any friggen clue how those things worked when I first saw them. Just remember this though, you are only allowed one mistake...haha. Just kidding man, it's a good thing you have members like Ty, Kirk S, and Greco that will help you or anyone else with out judging you. And if I haven't said it yet, Welcome to the forums man, have a good run.
                          Revel8 ALPdors
                          Gold Revel8 Receptors
                          Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
                          ____
                          Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
                          If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

Originally posted by Godofmedia View Post
                            I have to be honest, when I saw your video I had to laugh, and then I realized that I didn't have any friggen clue how those things worked when I first saw them. Just remember this though, you are only allowed one mistake...haha. Just kidding man, it's a good thing you have members like Ty, Kirk S, and Greco that will help you or anyone else with out judging you. And if I haven't said it yet, Welcome to the forums man, have a good run.
                            no offense taken from anyone. i laughed at myself when i saw that vid of the correct way to use them. ive never touched, yet alone, heard of non-release bindings before i learned about skiboarding.

im just glad i found this forum before i hurt myself, and i have all of you to thank for that!

see ya on the slopes!

Comment

Working...
                            X