Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommendations for a taller/heavier guy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, spruce replied. all weight references in spruce pro prime setups should now read 250+ lbs, i just made all the changes.

g

Comment

Hello Greco,

Thanks!!

Regards,
      Axel

Comment

AxelG,

I’m no expert like the guys on here, but I just started as well so I’ll report what I found. I’m 5’11 down to 230 according to my scale. I could not make up my mind on the recoemdations from folks here between the Spruce 120s and Revel Rockets (103cm) with Spruce Pro Prime releasable bindings, so I got both. I’ve only tried the 120s so far.

My first time was Thursday. If you have skied at all, even if you suck at it like me, you will be able to stand on the 120s without any problem (probably even if you have never skied likely no problem, but I don’t know because I have skied in the past). I found the 120s really stable. I never felt like I was going to fall front/back wise, even when I went down (what was to me) a steep slope. Basically I found the 120s a great way to get into skiboarding.

I posted pics of the 120s/103s on another thread. Like I said I have not ridden the 103s yet, but looking at them side by side the 103s are not only shorter, but skinner. I don’t know for sure, but I think I got more confidence by the wider/longer 120s then I might have if I started on the 103s. But I don’t know for sure, but I know how confidant I felt my first time out on the 120s and how much better I did then skiing - on my first day of skiboarding. I think starting with the 120s you can’t go wrong, but that’s just from my one experience so far on just those boards, so take with a grain of salt.
        ’07 Spruce Blue 120
        ’09 ALP 110
        ’09 Revolt “Condor” 105
        ’09 Rumspringa Rockets 103
        ’09 Spruce Pro Prime Bindings (x2)

Comment

Well done Matties, way to use your noob knowledge to help other noobs...okay so I'm not much better as this is my first year on real skiboards. But everything you said sounds to be rock solid. Good post, and way to contribute to the forum.
          Revel8 ALPdors
          Gold Revel8 Receptors
          Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
          ____
          Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
          If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

I also have a binding Question in regards to my size, i am ~300 lbs ( i know im a fatty but im cutting it down) im only 5'9' and ive decided after doing some research that the Revolts (city) would be the best board for me, i like to carve but tat the same time want boards that ill be able to take to the park (i come form a rollerblading background) myquestion is, how bad are the groove x1 binding, am i at like a crazy high risk of breaking something if i dont get releae bindings? also, im on a budget so id like to get the more expensive ones but im shelling out enough for the boards and then i also needa get booots, so will the groove x1's work well for a begginer? or shoul di just sack it up and get the more expensive ones?

thanks

spuash

Comment

Hey Spuash... we be neighbors! You r in Santa Barbara, I work in San Luis Obispo(born and raised there) but now live up in Paso Robles! My husband is from Lompoc and was born in Santa Barbara.

We cruise up to Sierra Summit and Badger Pass for our day trip skiboard outings... where do you ride??
              C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

well hi there, sent you a Pm

Comment

Originally posted by Godofmedia View Post
                  Well done Matties, way to use your noob knowledge to help other noobs...okay so I'm not much better as this is my first year on real skiboards. But everything you said sounds to be rock solid. Good post, and way to contribute to the forum.
                  Godofmedia,

Thanks, I’m just trying to give back for all the help I got. I don’t know much but I can say I liked the 120s.
                  ’07 Spruce Blue 120
                  ’09 ALP 110
                  ’09 Revolt “Condor” 105
                  ’09 Rumspringa Rockets 103
                  ’09 Spruce Pro Prime Bindings (x2)

Comment

Thank you all for all the info. It was very helpful. I wish you all a Merry Christmas.. And I know Santa is getting me some Revolt's :-D (just ordered).

Regards,
                    Axel

Comment

Originally posted by AxelG View Post
                      dcox20 what bindings do you use? From what I read on the SBOL site, the releasable ones are for 250lbs and lighter people:-).

Regards,
                      Axel
                      I ride both spruce pros (aluminum riser) and the spruce composite riser, as well as bomber non-releasables on the shorter boards.

my bindings release when they need to... i dont think the weight has been an issue.
                      Dave | Elevendy

Comment

Thanks for the info!!!
                        Quick question, any recommendation for 102cm wide feet?
                        Regards,
                        Axel

Comment

Originally posted by AxelG View Post
                          Thanks for the info!!!
                          Quick question, any recommendation for 102cm wide feet?
                          Regards,
                          Axel
                          I'm assuming you mean 102mm or else you have 3ft wide feet. Technicas and solomons tend to run wider there are also a decent amount of park boots that run 102mm but IMO park boots leave a bit to be desired if you ride all mountain.

Comment

Working...
                          X