Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in the begining...

I just wanted to knnow a few things.
    1) How easy is it to learn to skibopard? I've read that it's easier than snowboarding and has a shorter learning curve.
    2) Do resorts have classes for them like skiing and snowboarding and do they rent them too?
    3) Do most of the resorts have them for rent?
    I was in Tahoe a couple of weeks ago but didn't notice anyone with them but saw some in the resort ski shop. I didn't ask about them but I remember something about them and when I came upon your site it has fueled my interest in them. I'll definately try them the next time if they are available.
    Thanks for taking time for a true beginner.

they are easier to learn on most definately

as to resorts renting them it depends on the resort normally they are considered specialty rentals

it also depends on the resort for the lessons most of the time they are considered for beginners not advanced like lynman or even greco so just be careful with the info u recieve from non skiboarders.
    "I Know that I am a woman, a woman with inward strength and plenty of courage"
    ~Anne Frank~

Comment

Re: in the begining...

1) Sooo much easier to learn that snowboards, no comparison. Especially if you have experience ice skating, rollerblading or skiing.

2) Most resorts do not have skiboard specific classes. However, some resorts, like Whiteface in NY actually use skiboards to teach people how to ski because they are so easy to control.

3) Most resorts rent "snowblades" which are OK to start with but definitely do not buy these. It would be a waste of money since there are so many more quality skiboards out there for the same amount of money.

Let me know if you have anymore questions,

Greco

Originally posted by lhmhon
      I just wanted to knnow a few things.
      1) How easy is it to learn to skibopard? I've read that it's easier than snowboarding and has a shorter learning curve.
      2) Do resorts have classes for them like skiing and snowboarding and do they rent them too?
      3) Do most of the resorts have them for rent?
      I was in Tahoe a couple of weeks ago but didn't notice anyone with them but saw some in the resort ski shop. I didn't ask about them but I remember something about them and when I came upon your site it has fueled my interest in them. I'll definately try them the next time if they are available.
      Thanks for taking time for a true beginner.

Comment

Feeding the fire

Thanks for responding.
        If resorts don't give lessons for skiboards, would taking skiing lessons be beneficial towards skiboarding? Are the techniques the same or similar?
        Thanks

Comment

You could buy a pair of boards and take the class. They will teach you the same basic stuff regardless of what kind of skis you are on. Can you rollerblade? If you can than you will find the transition to skiboarding extremely easy and probably not even need to take a class. All the people I have taught to skiboard over the last few years were able to do "light basic rollerblading" and had never even been skiing EVER!!! ALL of them were up and riding comfortably in a few runs. None of them even fell getting on or off the lift. Now they don't even fall unless they are trying to follow me....
          Live and ride like there's no tomorrow...because tomorrow might not be here for you.

Comment

thanks...

Thanks for the info. With that in mind, what would be a good size for the beginner to buy and what should I look for? I'm thinking used for now. I saw some in the "for sale" link but I think they're too short (75cm). Any suggestions?
            Thanks

Comment

how tall are you? how old are you? what type of riding do you think interests you most? park/jumping, speed/carving, moguls, powder/trees etc..? just making it down without getting hurt?

with this info i can better suggest something for you.

g

Comment

Info

Thanks Greco,
                I'm 5'6" tall and an aged 44 years old. For now I think making it down without getting hurt sounds like the best thing, but would like to do some speed carving.
                Thanks for the help.

Comment

i forgot to ask what is your experience level skiing, inline skating or ice skating?

if you feel comfortable on snow and have experience skiing or inlining/skating then i would suggest canon or mix 99cm or 110cm skiboards. if not then i would suggest canon, mix or snowjam 90cm boards.

g

Comment

Thanks for the info. I have very little experience on snow and have not gotten into in-line skating. I will use the info to make a choice of what to buy.
                    I appreciate all the help from everyone.
                    Thanks again.

Comment

like greco said....if you dont have much experience on snow than with a 90cm. My girlfriend bought the Canon heritage and she loves them. Never having skied a day in her life they are really good stable boards to start on and excellent quality.
                      Live and ride like there's no tomorrow...because tomorrow might not be here for you.

Comment

Sorry for the late response.
                        Thanks for the info. I will keep this in mind when I look for the right equipment to buy.
                        Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                        X