Waxing/Sharpening Boards + Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waxing/Sharpening Boards + Questions

I'm a high school student who just bought a pair of '08 Summit Nomads w/ Extreme II bindings after doing a bunch of research. I just have a couple of questions:

1) Does anyone here use Nomads or think they're a good pair of boards? I checked out skiboard review and someone there liked them a lot.
    2) Do boards usually come sharpened and waxed? (I didn't buy them here...sorry, I'm poor)
    3) Do bindings usually come attached to the boards? I know how to install them, but I'm not sure how compatible Snowjam is with Summit.

Thanks,
    The Cow from Space

I'm a high school student who just bought a pair of '08 Summit Nomads w/ Extreme II bindings after doing a bunch of research. I just have a couple of questions:

1) Does anyone here use Nomads or think they're a good pair of boards? I checked out skiboard review and someone there liked them a lot.

GodofMedia has used them....they seem like good boards....not as flexy/stylish as the R8s, but a solid skiboard

2) Do boards usually come sharpened and waxed? (I didn't buy them here...sorry, I'm poor)

They usually come sharpened with a factory wax from the retailer, if you bought them from someone else, probably not

3) Do bindings usually come attached to the boards? I know how to install them, but I'm not sure how compatible Snowjam is with Summit.

Summit, along with Revel8, Allz, Lacroix, and some other have the 4x4 pattern that allows for the swapping of any skiboard bindings!

Comment

Originally posted by tyberesk View Post
      1) GodofMedia has used them....they seem like good boards....not as flexy/stylish as the R8s, but a solid skiboard
      I love the Nomads, if you need to get a pair cheep, go to ebay and try to strike a deal with the guy selling them in the ebay store. I was able to get mine really cheap. I will be picking up some condor 110s later this season hopefully or maybe the 09 KTPs, I don't know yet but I want to be putting money into all companies supporting the sport through the creation of legit skiboards.
      Revel8 ALPdors
      Gold Revel8 Receptors
      Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
      ____
      Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
      If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

Thanks guys, that cleared up things.
        I should be getting my boards just before I head up to Sugarbush @ Vermont.
        I'm looking forward to trying them out since I was renting the cruddy Salomon blades before.

-The Cow from Space

Comment

I just got my Nomads today. They look good, pristine, but I'm not sure if they've been waxed. They don't really "look" like it. Ridges on the bottom of the board are easily visible and felt.

Comment

I figured it out. I did need wax so I picked up some rub on stuff to use in the interim before the ski shop can do it for me. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X