Locking Skis to rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locking Skis to rack

Hey guys, took delivery of Revel Trees with exclaim release bindings and riser from the UK distributor Exclaim.

Going to Austria in the new year and I'm worried about them being stolen form the ski racks at lunch time. Obviously I'll try my best to make sure I can see them when I go for something to eat.

I bought one of these locks in the link below as I've read on other forums about guys just snipping the wire on small retractable locks. I'm able to thread the lock through both bindings and then to to the ski rack.

http://www.bargainboards.co.uk/P/Bak...ock(6447).aspx

My question is - Will my boards be too short for the racks being only 105? Do you guys have any problems with free standing ski racks? Should I just as the people nicely if I can take them in with me lol.

On a related note, have you seen this thread - http://www.skiboardsonline.com/vbull...ead.php?t=6772 - some quality tips in there.

I wish I knew what kind of racks they have out in Mayrhofen. From what I remember, the racks in the Grand Motte area of Tignes might make it a bit of a pain to lock up skiboards unless you happen to be able to get space at one of the ends. But nobody there locked their gear up anyway.

I realise this has been no help I'm in the same boat.

Comment

I use the children's ski rack if available. The other benefit is that there is many spots available since children do not use them.
      sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

The man above me is a genius.

Comment

Seen the thread yeah but missed the bit about street furniture.

I guess I'll keep an eye out for kids ski racks then cheers guys.

Rink - You sorted yourself out mate? As I've sid the guys at exclaim hooked me up with trees and their bindings and risers. Even fitted them for me. Hopefuly get to try them out at Glasgow snowdome before Christmas.

When is it you go to Austria? I'm the 3rd of Jan

Comment

just let the boards hang on the cable after you attach them to the rack if the rack is too high ...
            Boards :
            Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
            Boots
            K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
            Bindings:
            Zero Pro Non release Binding
            Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
            Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
            Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
            Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Originally posted by jjue View Post
              just let the boards hang on the cable after you attach them to the rack if the rack is too high ...
              Cheers, will do that then put my mates skis on top in the same section.
              Not even enjoyed my boards and I'm worrying about them lol

Made a post on an ski forum for Austria asking if anyine has seen kids ski racks at the resort and have only got shite replies.

Cheers for the constructive help

Comment

By the way , my son who is a snowboarder , is always laughing at me when I worry that someone will steal my skiboards...
                he says " geez dad , nobody wants those tiny little things , they wouldn't even know what to do with them .. now my snowboards that is another story"""

one of the benefits of being a undercover ,niche , unappreciated, and butt of jokes.. snowsport, ... if the theives wouldn't be caught dead riding my stuff anyways ... .......
                Boards :
                Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
                Boots
                K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
                Bindings:
                Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)

Comment

unfortunately ,however,
                  the Revel 8 graphics are so stunning , folks might be interested in stealing the boards just to hang on the wall , even if they don't know how to ride them ... Maybe , we should just tell G to make ugly boards. ... !
                  Boards :
                  Boots
                  Bindings:

Comment

Originally posted by Chuffy View Post
                    When is it you go to Austria? I'm the 3rd of Jan
                    Same here. Should be a good time.

Martins at Allz is doing everything he can to make sure I'll be flashing the new Greens in Europe (he's such a nice guy btw) and I should be getting my hands on some new Zero bindings very soon.

J, I don't know about knicking the boards, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were interfered with. I guess right now its the price we pay for having a relatively small sport with a cool community - every silver lining has a cloud etc.

Comment

If I need to lock up my boards, I try to hide them behind other equipment if possible. If I were just on something like Snowblades that obviously look low-end, I wouldn't really worry, but my EMP's with Bomber Elites really stand out on one a rack.

Fortunately, most of the places where I ride have ski/board checks.
                      RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

I often lock mine to the legs of the racks or on the end uprights. Most thieves steal skis to sell. If Jack had those 110 tele mounted boards stolen, we'd recognize them on ebay. That theif would be in for a surpize.
                        Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
                        Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
                        Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
                        History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

Working...
                        X