Alright, I'm in. What to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright, I'm in. What to buy?

I'm in. I've got $600 to use, but that needs to buy me everything. I'm going state-side for black friday to get boots and goggles though, so that should save a bunch of money. I love American thanksgiving So far I've decided on bomber bindings, I've read nothing but good things about them.

But I'm stuck on the skiboards. Like I said in the other thread, I'm 5'11ish, maybe 6', 220ish.

I'm on the east coast (well...Niagara Falls. Eastesque coast?), and I want a good all-around pair of skiboards. I want to be able to ride the mountain, but at the same time I really want to go in the park.

What do you guys recommend? I was leaning toward the 110's, but I like the sound of KTP's. Having no chance to try any specific pair, I'm going only on what I read here and elsewhere.
    Revel8 2007 ALP 110cm
    13.04%
    Revel8 2008 Revolt "City" 105cm
    47.83%
    Revel8 2008 KTP 101cm
    34.78%
    Summit Custom 09 110cm
    4.35%
    Skiboards: Revel8 Revolt "Cities"
    Bindings: Bombers
    Boots: Head Edge
    Skills: Mad
    Just kidding.

The bombers should work great for you. They are a good choice. I can't say much about the Summits but any Revel8 board will be completely backed up by Greco. No matter which one you choose, you'll be happy.

The KTPs will be wider and a little harder to get on edge while carving compared to your other options.

Everyone seems to love the Revolts and the cities are definitely bad ass.

The ALPs will also be a good all around board and give you the extra length.

No matter which you end up going with you'll be set for all around riding.

Comment

I put my vote up for the KTP's because their width will let you have fun in whatever powder comes you way (especially if you use the set back when you're planning in doing a lot of powder) but their short length will let you still have a blast in the park.
      Chickens with Spruce Pro Lite
      Line Jedis with Snowjams

Comment

If you are considering the ALP and Summit, you should also add the 110 Lacroix to the poll. Their stiff flex may be a good match to your weight.

Search the forum for some reviews.
        sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Originally posted by slow View Post
          If you are considering the ALP and Summit, you should also add the 110 Laxroix to the poll. Their stiff flex may be a good match to your weight.

Search the forum for some reviews.
          I concur on the Lacroix. If you went with the 105s, you could probably get by on a non-release like the Bombers. If you decide on 110s, I'd recommend going with a Spruce release setup just to be on the safe side. I've ridden 110s with a non-release, and I was nervous the whole time. That's just me.
          Boards/Bindings:
          2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
          2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
          Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
          Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Although I'm partial to the 105's, I'd pick the KTP's for you. You get lots of surface area in a shorter package. The extra width is is something you'll get used to, and the fact that you're going with the Bombers means that you should have the leverage to crank them up on edge.
            RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

I just bought from summit and Doc seemed to have a bit longer on the respond times than G did, his product seems great even though I have not yet riden it. Go with G, I just bought some bindings from him and he was great on the shipping and customer service. Definatly buy some R8s, I say go with the Cities, as you may actually need the extra float and sweet graphics courtesy of Dave Cox.
              Revel8 ALPdors
              Gold Revel8 Receptors
              Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
              ____
              Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
              If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

Thanks for the input everyone.

I'm going to go with the Cities...they seem like a nice middle of the road between everything. I'll be ordering them next week. Oh man. It's been so long since I've had a consistent winter "something-to-do". This is going to be awesome.

Thanks again!
                Just kidding.

Comment

You will not be dissapointed.... mine are currently mounted on my wall and awaiting some snow, and looking extremely sexy.
                  Revel8 Cities, Line FF Pro Bindings (orange)
                  MNP's, Line FF Pro Bindings (blue)
                  Line Weapons
                  09 Line Anthems, Look px12 jib wb bindings
                  06 Line Chronics, Salomon STH12 bindings
                  sigpic
                  "Leaving naysayers stumped like rainforests" - Sage Francis

Comment

Originally posted by Connor_T View Post
                    I'm in. I've got $600 to use, but that needs to buy me everything. I'm going state-side for black friday to get boots and goggles though, so that should save a bunch of money. I love American thanksgiving So far I've decided on bomber bindings, I've read nothing but good things about them.

But I'm stuck on the skiboards. Like I said in the other thread, I'm 5'11ish, maybe 6', 220ish.

I'm on the east coast (well...Niagara Falls. Eastesque coast?), and I want a good all-around pair of skiboards. I want to be able to ride the mountain, but at the same time I really want to go in the park.

What do you guys recommend? I was leaning toward the 110's, but I like the sound of KTP's. Having no chance to try any specific pair, I'm going only on what I read here and elsewhere.
                    Lots of wet snow in Ontario. I would go with the KTPS.

Boards:

Spruce 120s(x2), ALPs(x3), Lacroix 99's, BWPs.

Bindings:

Pro Prime Riser/Rossi Bindings(x2).

Comment

Revolts with Bombers is my main setup right now, and I've done great with it. I think you'll be really happy with the performance.
                      RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

I ride bombers with the BWP's i am 5'9 around 160 and my bro is like 5' 10 170 ish I LOVE the BWP's cause they are just the right length and width for me personally cause of the way i like to ski, and the cities are really nice thats what my brother has all-in-all you will not be disapointed what so ever. The bomber are by far the best bindings i have riden on so far, so i say "Koodoes" to you good sir for picken em :]

Comment

Haha, thanks guys. I can't wait to get out on these!
                          Just kidding.

Comment

Interesting. I was just asking myself- "Are there any canadian boarders?" And then I see you and Manlenium. Greatest nation in the world.

Enjoy the boards, bro!
                            XsXeX
                            Riding Condors
                            This bird couldnt fly if it was drunk

Comment

Originally posted by Connor_T View Post
                              Haha, thanks guys. I can't wait to get out on these!
                              You cant regret any purchase here.

Boards:

Spruce 120s(x2), ALPs(x3), Lacroix 99's, BWPs.

Bindings:

Pro Prime Riser/Rossi Bindings(x2).

Comment

Working...
                              X