Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"rossignol snowblade : 1.18 M" yay or neigh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "rossignol snowblade : 1.18 M" yay or neigh?

What do you think?

I have an email from my hire place offering `rossignol snowblade : 1.18 M`.

Are these skiboards proper or the ones that don't work in powder do you think?

Off mid Jan and hoping Skiboards will help me keep up with girlfriend.

I don't think rossi ever made proper skiboards. Put your money somewhere else.
    Chickens with Spruce Pro Lite
    Line Jedis with Snowjams

Comment

those are just short skis. rossi always makes high quality stuff, but they really are just short skis, they are the same as the low end scratch skis but in a small package.

if you want a small ski go for it, but if you want a skiboard, you wont regret it.
      Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

I think Roussel meant to say that if you want real skiboards, you'll regret buying those, just to clear that up. They are not real skiboards, just short skis.
        I do it because I can.
        I can because I want to.
        I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
        '08 KTPs

Comment

Anything with the word blade attached to it is going to be just that . A thin skipping board that has the potental to be more hazardess than fun. save that money and a little more and get real boards like r8,allz, spruce,summit, or lokens if you can still get them. Its well worth it.
          Last edited by winterparkrider; 12-20-2007, 08:04 PM.
          live it, love it,rip it!!

Comment

thanks for the tip off! I'm glad I asked.

Don't suppose anyone knows a place to hire in Courchevel?

Comment

In Europe I think you will only be able to hire snowblades or similar. See the 'whats wrong with snowblades' thread in skiboarding section.

If thats all you can hire though it'll be ok for first time, but they have limits. If you like it and wanna invest then you should buy some Revel8 skiboards from www.exclaimskiboards.co.uk, they will give you a much better ride all over the mountain and are the best you can get in the UK.

This is the only place in UK to get real skiboards. Ski shops in the UK don't really know what real skiboards are AFAIK, don't let them sell you Salomon snowblades, or any of the other ski brands attempts at it.

Where in the uk are you? If you are near one of the snowdomes one of us can probably give you a feel of some real skiboards.
              Last edited by anaesthetic; 12-21-2007, 06:24 AM.
              Revel8 BWP - Spruce Pro Prime
              SnowJam 90 - Extreme II

Comment

NEH.....

Boards:

Spruce 120s(x2), ALPs(x3), Lacroix 99's, BWPs.

Bindings:

Pro Prime Riser/Rossi Bindings(x2).

Comment

Gotta love this picture:

Chickens with Spruce Pro Lite
                  Line Jedis with Snowjams

Comment

I'm only going for a week.

If I can't hire and try before I buy it'll have to be normal skis for this trip.

Hopefully I can get the van ready for the cold for next year, then I can justify buying from proper Skiboards.

This year is a surf year. But hopefully later on I can start using my campervan at some resort, save a lot of money and thus spend lots of time out there.

But I won't be able to if no money so better be a good boy and wait until the time is right. Who knows, could be better boards out by then.
                    Last edited by jago25_98; 12-21-2007, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Saw these on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Line-Bullet-Sk...QQcmdZViewItem

Its almost worth it for the bindings alone, they are qulity and they stopped making them this year.

Not as fat as modern skiboards but they'd be good to get started and should be lots of fun if you can afford 'em.

This is probably only equivalent to the price of a week's ski hire!
                      Revel8 BWP - Spruce Pro Prime
                      SnowJam 90 - Extreme II

Comment

Working...
                      X