possible rider/ board questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possible rider/ board questions

Hi guys im thinking about trying skiboarding but im not sure whether or not it'd be worth it. I live in St. Louis, where we don't get that much snow, but the weather keeps me from rollerblading, which drives me crazy. I have never been skiing, snowboarding or skiboarding before but I could learn quick. I did some research and found the 07/08 Snowjam 75cm skiboards. I liked those ones a lot, but im not sure if there's any better or cheaper boards like that one. Also, i need boots. I'm about 5'1" and 90ish pounds. My feet are US 9 but my skates are i think a 8. Oh, and i would be riding at a nearby golfcourse (good hills/jumps) and a nearby resort and possibly some street. Thanks!

If you are a beginner rider , not looking to spend alot of dough snowjams would be great. However if you look around this forum; you will find they tend to break when landed on hard or wrong. Several riders here have gone through several pairs.... So spending a little more might be worth it.

Check the used gear section if you want to try and get a cheaper setup that will last longer.

I would recommend trying on boots first at your local ski shop. Everybodys feet are different. Skiboots tend to fit true to your actual foot size, but dealing with width is hard sometimes.

Heres one of my listings you may be interested in...
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...8511732&ih=002

Boards:

Spruce 120s(x2), ALPs(x3), Lacroix 99's, BWPs.

Bindings:

Pro Prime Riser/Rossi Bindings(x2).

Comment

Always liked the graphics on the Jedis, nice boards
      Chickens with Spruce Pro Lite
      Line Jedis with Snowjams

Comment

The guys who broke the 75's are double his weight though. I think they'd work fine for you, and if cost is a big issue, you can get them with bindings on ebay for pretty cheap. The Jedis would probably work well too though.
        RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Yea, 90lbs is pretty light, I think something real short would be great for that. If you want some real nicer, high quality stuff you can look into the R8 tanshos or bantams. The snowjams would serve you well, and I'm sure you'd enjoy them.
          Chickens with Spruce Pro Lite
          Line Jedis with Snowjams

Comment

I'd rock the Bantams if I were you; it may seem like you're spending a lot of extra dough for nothing right now, but when you feel the difference between snowjam and Revel8 you won't think it's a waste. The Revel8s are the stuff, especially if you want a good set of boards that will last you for a few years. As far as liking the sport, I would be utterly shocked if you didn't. I haven't talked to a single person who has tried real skiboards and hasn't liked them. I have had a similar dilemna, as I wasn't sure whether I wanted to spend the extra money to get bomber elite bindings over the snowjams. I went with the cheaper snowjams, and I really wish I would have invested in some bombers as I am now looking at purchasing some anyway.
            Just my 2 cents.

Dan
            Chickens w/ Spruce Pro Primes

Comment

thanks for the replys, yeah im kind've on a budget, ive been looking on ebay for the Snowjam's and have seen a huge variety in pricing. I'll checkj out the Bantams and Tanshos too. Would the jedis being a bit longer make a difference in switching over from skating? Thanks again

Comment

That extra 10+ centimetres is seriously so close blindfolded you couldnt tell the difference.

Boards:

Spruce 120s(x2), ALPs(x3), Lacroix 99's, BWPs.

Bindings:

Pro Prime Riser/Rossi Bindings(x2).

Comment

Working...
                X