Newbie just saying HI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie just saying HI

Hey I am new to the sport. I went skiing for the first time last year (I live in Tx so skiing is limited) I did pretty well on my skis I learn quickly (just the basics though). I enjoyed it, but I saw online originally about skiblades, and I saw that it doesn't take as long to get to the point that you can ski down something besides the green slopes. So I am trying to learn all I can about it and going to buy me a good starter pair of skiboards. I am trying to not spend a lot of money on it due to the fact that I will only get to ski about one week out of the year. If you have any suggestions on boards for someone who is 6ft 2in and about 250lbs let me know.......and the site is great very informative.
    Last edited by blackiephillips; 12-15-2007, 10:15 PM.
    city w/ groove x1

Hello to you

And I think you meant skiboards instead of "snowboards" at least I hope so lol

as for boards, if you want to do the brand new thing try something in the Revolt line up that should give you something that is all around good for your size, and if you want to try and save some money check out the buy | sell | trade skiboard thread or do the ebay thing and look for a board in the 94cm min. to 110cm max.
    Last edited by Greco; 12-15-2007, 07:48 PM.
    you never really don't realize it, you just quit caring...

Comment

Where is winter park with the condor sales pitch.........I am lovin it...

I would say in the 105 range for your size....

Boards:

Spruce 120s(x2), ALPs(x3), Lacroix 99's, BWPs.

Bindings:

Pro Prime Riser/Rossi Bindings(x2).

Comment

It depends some on what you want to ride: park, groomers, all-mountain, lots of pow. But any of the boards on here would be ok, probably 98cm is the shortest you'd want to go. Anywhere on up would do fine, the longer and wider you go the better it'll be in pow and the more stable it'll be.
        Chickens with Spruce Pro Lite
        Line Jedis with Snowjams

Comment

Because of your size you should probably look at some of the better boards, although that's probably not what you want to hear. The longer snowjams might cut it for you, but I'd be concerned with your weight (no offense) of you snapping them. The revel8s are the way to go, as everyone who knows anything about skiboarding will tell you. 105cm is probably a good length; maneuverable yet controlled. Hope that helps a little at least.

Dan
          Chickens w/ Spruce Pro Primes

Comment

If you're not going to hit the park much, and you'd like releaseables anyways just for the added saftey, take a look at the Spruce 120s, several people on here love them for all mountain cruising and ownage in the fresh powder.
            Chickens with Spruce Pro Lite
            Line Jedis with Snowjams

Comment

Hey just wanted to say thanks for all the info.
              city w/ groove x1

Comment

Working...
              X