Board and Bindings? Which ones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Board and Bindings? Which ones?

So, after reading through many of the threads I am still confused as to what bindings to get. I have skiboarded a few times last winter on rentals with releasable bindings and loved it. I am an experienced skiier and am between the Revel8 BWP, Tansho or the Allz94. I am 140, 5'8" female skiing mostly in the NY area but likely to travel out west for some powder. I have an adventurous side and will catch some air or some spins and some off trails but am not going to find my way to the park anytime soon. From what I have read, I want to go with non-releasable bindings, but I am not sure which ones. Also, would I need to purchase a leash? What is this for?

releasable bindings for skiboards to not have conventional brake systems like regular skis... there too wide.... the leash will protect from runnaway skis.... i dont really use them so i cannot recommend a good pair but im sure someone who does will jump in shortly.
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Comment

some of them come with leashes just check with G. and as for what ones I think thats up to what ones you wanna get and how much you wanna spend
      you never really don't realize it, you just quit caring...

Comment

The stuff here on SBOL is pretty much the extent of what's available, unless you get some old ones on boards from ebay.

And from what's here, the quality of them is pretty much directly connected to the price. The bombers are essentially indistructable and will provide you the best feel. The Snowjam Extreme II are decent starter bindings, but you may want to move up some time. Same with the grooves. All 3 are all-metal.
        Chickens with Spruce Pro Lite
        Line Jedis with Snowjams

Comment

The bottom line is if your gonna ride your bindings hard then your gonna wanna get the Riser Pro Prime, if not then you can go with 1 of the other 3

Comment

just to clarify for ya guys, he (she?) says in the first post that he wants non-release...
            but were you to go releasables Kirk is right
            leashes don't matter a ton, it's just resorts require them in case of a release, even on non-release bindings. they can't have liabilities if a board goes flying down the mountain and takes out some dude
            Line Jedis with Snowjams

Comment

Thanks for all the info. I am looking for non-release and I think I will probably go with the extremeII. I'm really excited about getting on the slopes with these.
              M

Comment

haha i'm the idiot here i read that part and for some reason I read Releasables, I even read the post twice lol

yea....sry bout that lol

Comment

If you're going for powder and off trails, i'd suggest to buy at least a 99 cm board (BWP) or better get a pair of KTP or Revolt. For the bindings, SJ Extreme II are good and they're much cheaper then the Bombers, if you're not looking for top performance, they'll be a nice choice

Comment

wow i could have sworn it said releasables to my badd.....
                    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by mctwist311
                      wow i could have sworn it said releasables to my badd.....
                      It did didnt it???

Go BWP. Perfect for your size, and will make great transition from park to hills.

Boards:

Spruce 120s(x2), ALPs(x3), Lacroix 99's, BWPs.

Bindings:

Pro Prime Riser/Rossi Bindings(x2).

Comment

It says he rode snowblades with releasables, but wants non on his new skiboards. *shrug*
                        Line Jedis with Snowjams

Comment

I'm with Manle. The BWP's should be about perfect. Since you are an experienced skier, I'd imagine you could handle the KTP or Revolt for some more powder performance though.

For bindings, I'd suggest getting the Bombers if you can afford them. The SnowJams are decent quality, but the Bombers are definitely better.

And guys, not to be overly picky, but she definitely stated female skier.
                          RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

lol, wasn't paying attention, sorry.
                            Line Jedis with Snowjams

Comment

Thanks a lot guys. I am getting the BWPs with XtremeII bindings for the holidays. I need to scrimp somewhere. I figure for my use they'll do just fine. And yes, I am a female skier soon to be officially a female skiboarder. You guys need more of us around, don't you?
                              I can't wait to hit the slopes!

Comment

Working...
                              X