where and what should i buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where and what should i buy?

firstly sorry for my rookiness, i have been searching for forum to ask questions about skiboarding and finally i think i got the right site to ask informed people. I have been snowblading for 5 years and i want to buy something cause i have fed up to pay rent and i want a new thing to be more attractive while skiing

-i used to skiing with salomons snowblades, but after i have read the all over the forum (while waiting my accounts activation progress finished ) my opinion about salomon has changed. I want to buy other brands of skiboards. but when i look stores in my country, unfortunatelly i couldnt find any skiboards i only found elan's "snowblade" (i said snowblade cause it definitely like salomon's blades and thats why i dont wanna buy that also).

I found 1 more thing which is rossignol the mini series. but i couldnt be sure what to do,it looks good but it is 128 cm and i dont know will i get used to it easily cause i have been doing this sport with 99cm. But in store who is charged said that first bladers didnt like it then when they try they directly buy it and this product's users rising. but i couldnt be sure that he said me to sell that item. Finally my first question is, is it like skiboards and can i easily get used to it? and should i buy it?

- Is salomons blades so different from skiboards to do? i mean can i get used to skiboards?

-If i shouldn't buy rossignols mini ski, what and where should i buy? cause i don't want elan and salomons blade.

-By the way Biggest problem is i live in Turkey
    can this site send skiboards to Turkey if not where can i find the brands that u all are using?

-and which size of skiboard will u suggest me to buy
    im 179cm and 70kg

- if i get skiboards can i be able to install rossignols bindings?

Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by Erman; 12-11-2007, 05:13 PM.

Re: where and what should i buy?

First off DONT BUY THOSE
    Alright Lets Answer some of those questions

- Is salomons blades so different from skiboards to do? i mean can i get use to skiboards?

Answer: They are different but very much the same. Skiboards are wider and more stable and hold up better, but the lengths are relatively the same. The same method of pushing off and carving is pretty much the same too, but the feel on a REAL skiboard is sooo much better. Snowblades are like watered down skim milk...while skiboards are the Whole Milk...more rich and such. SKIBOARDS > snowblades by far.

-If i shouldn't buy rossignols mini ski, what and where should i buy? cause i don't want elan and salomons blade.

ANSWER: Revel8 is now the biggest name in skiboarding IMO. They are great all mountain/park skiboards. Allz is a Latvian company that makes a 94cm skiboard new for this year that isnt as wide as Revel8 but beautiful never the less.

-By the way Biggest problem is i live in Turkey
    can this site send skiboards to Turkey if not where can i find the brands that u all are using?

Answer: Im pretty sure greco can send anywhere but you should email him or Private message him.

-and which size of skiboard will u suggest me to buy
    im 179cm and 70kg

Answer: You can go with any boards you want if you use releaseable bindings, but if you go with nonreleaseable you would be best suited to the 98 cm Revel8 BWP, the 90cm Revel8 Tansho, the 94cm Allz, or the 101cm Superwide Revel8 KTP.

- if i get skiboards can i be able to install rossignols bindings?

Answer: You can technically, but its not reccomended. Your best off buying the Spruce Riser/Exclaim System if you want releaseable bindings and either Snowjam/Bomber Bindings if you want bindings that WILL NOT release.

Comment

just a note about putting rossignol bindings on skiboards:

DO NOT DO THIS, the cores of skiboards are not made to be drilled into like regular skis.

get spruce risers. or non releasers
      Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

My friend you are in so much luck their is a European seller of Revel 8 boards that can ship to turkey no problem (I'm pretty sure about that anyway) looks like your big problem went away real fast lol

P.S. Revel 8 makes some really quality stuff

now for the bindings thats a tough one im sure you could have your rossignols bindings installed on your boards by drilling but i would recommend buying some of the spruce riser bindings if you favor the releasible bindings of not then you have a few choices in respect to non-releasibles all you gotta ask yourself is what kind of quality you want to pay for.

that pretty much sums it up let us know your specs and will be happy to help
        Last edited by Kirk S; 12-11-2007, 05:29 PM.
        you never really don't realize it, you just quit caring...

Comment

HOLY CRAP

3 of us responded at the same time wow thats quality stuff right their lol

Comment

firstly im so glad for fast response
            I dont know which is better to use so im not sure about non-releasable or releasable will i buy.But i used to use non-releasable while i was snowblading.
            i dont have rossignol bindings but i know them as the best bindings as releasable ones.
            im planing to pay some money cause im not able to buy these tools whener ever i want because of my countries stores.
            Can u give more information about European seller of revel8?
            any website or phone number to order?
            finaly dont u have some information about rossignols mini ski?

Comment

the information about those skis....is in my opinion pardon my language they suck. Those will not provide good float and stable carves.....Your best bet would be to buy Revel8/Allz. If you already own those other skis....sell them on ebay or something and use the money to buy "REAL" skiboards. By either tonite or tommorrow you should have a response from Greco or someone else about the european distribution.

some of the sites are
              skiboards.lv SKIBOARDS LATVIA
              skiboards.cz Skiboards Czech
              skiboards.ru Skiboars Russia
              exclaimskiboards.co.uk Skiboards in the UK

Comment

http://www.skiboardershop.ru/ - Russia

http://www.skiboards.cz/ - Czech Republic

http://www.skiboards.lv/ - Latvia

http://www.exclaimskiboards.co.uk/ - Great Britain

those are some of the retailers that are closer to you

as for the Rossignal Minis well idk really
                Last edited by Kirk S; 12-11-2007, 06:02 PM.

Comment

I have already found "www.exclaimskiboards.co.uk" and sent them e-mail to let me know about if they are sending to Turkey or not.
                  "as for the Rossignal Minis well idk really"
                  whats idk?
                  thanks a lot again its 4 a.m here see you guys tommorow

Comment

idk = i dont know. I would just pass on them if i were you.

Comment

Hey Erman...

When I started to look for "skis"...

(with "" because I mean snowblades, skiblades, skiboards or even skis.... it was depending on what I would find)

... I went to a store where the sales man, that didnt knew me, and I almost did not explain who I was, what I rode before, How many years I had of ski, or even my style or what I prefer doing... well, he had some skis and those minis.

I said I was more into the minis and he, obviously, said that those were perfect.
                      almost automatically adjustable to any tipe of riding or skills. :P
                      well, I wasnt going to buy them at that day, so after a little more research I found Revel8 and this forum.

After this... how can you even think again about those minis!?!?!?
                      I doubt that you will find this quality material anywhere else and, where will you get feedback like this?
                      I know I surrender to Revel8 and SBOL!
                      you guys rock!

PS: the hell with those minis :P

Comment

robalo man u r exactly like me it has just happened to me
                        he tried to sell minis and he said mini's are adjustable for any skills or any type of riding
                        after that, today i finally found this site
                        but the question is where did u buy revel8?

Comment

Originally posted by Erman
                          I have already found "www.exclaimskiboards.co.uk" and sent them e-mail to let me know about if they are sending to Turkey or not.
                          "as for the Rossignal Minis well idk really"
                          whats idk?
                          thanks a lot again its 4 a.m here see you guys tommorow
                          I think he meant "suck" "Horrible" "terrible" "crap".. The minis are really bad for powder.

Boards:

Spruce 120s(x2), ALPs(x3), Lacroix 99's, BWPs.

Bindings:

Pro Prime Riser/Rossi Bindings(x2).

Comment

Originally posted by Erman

but the question is where did u buy revel8?
                            Im from Portugal (europe).
                            the closest Revel8 for me is the Exclaim store in the UK, but they didnt have the bomber bindings.
                            So, I ordered directly from SBOL. they shall be getting here soon now! cant wait...

Comment

Exclaim say on website they will ship to any country.
                              Judging by the correspondence I have had they should give very good service

I bought Revel8 skiboards from skiboards.lv (before exclaim existed) and they shipped to UK, so should do Turkey too. Very good service got the skiboards within a week. They sell Allz and SnowJam skiboards too
                              You can contact them by sending a PM to 'Allz' on this forum or the email info@skiboards.lv - he has good English.

I also had skiboards shipped directly from SBOL to the UK (before exclaim OR skiboards.lv) and they are very good service, only one week to get the skiboards. BUT, you will pay more for shipping and import tax.

Good luck!
                              Last edited by anaesthetic; 12-12-2007, 05:36 AM.
                              Revel8 BWP - Spruce Pro Prime
                              SnowJam 90 - Extreme II

Comment

Working...
                              X