• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dalbello krypton rampages?

Just came from my local skishop,
    they had salomon performa 8s for $250
    or dalbello krypton rampages for $400.
    Anyone have any suggestions?

local shop has the dalbellos for $200 but only 1 left!

link

and they have the Performas for $170 - in limited sizing
    link
    Dave | Elevendy

Comment

good looks man, i really appreciate it
      only thing is they dont have my size
      in any event, i think im gunna go with the diabellos.
      hopefully i just made a good decision cus i know nothingab out ski boots!

Comment

did you try both on?

you should prepare to spend plenty of time trying both out - your spending a good chunk of change on these things. When I went to get my boots I stayed for over an hour standing and walking in different boots.
        Dave | Elevendy

Comment

yea i was at the ski store for like 2 hours trying on boots. I have two different size feet (im a freak), so it made the process more difficult. I was really surprised cus i wear a 9.5-10.5 shoe and the boots I bought were 26.5 diabello rampages.
          so excited to get some skiboards and hit the slopes i cant even tell you. final exams, then hear I come!

Comment

Yes, you might find you fit larger or smaller in boots. Just depends on the boots.

Boards:

Spruce 120s(x2), ALPs(x3), Lacroix 99's, BWPs.

Bindings:

Pro Prime Riser/Rossi Bindings(x2).

Comment

I know a couple of you out there have a pair of these boots, so I'm hoping you'll catch this post.

How exactly do you set-up your rampages for skiboarding, I mean these things are very adjustable. Wedge free? Canting? Do you use any of the inserts? What's that best way to get these bad boys as upright as possible?

Comment

1) Flex: i use the softer (remove the black thing) for park, and harder (insert the black thing in the upper position) for piste and powder; in both configuration they're anyway soft enough
                NOTE: you should have instruction, anyway, to see the flex adjuster you've to pull out the liner
                NOTE 2: there are 2 type of "black thing", one for the 4 mm forward lean inserts, and one for the 8 mm forward lean inserts; if you don't use the forward lean inserts (that will be the case) use the "black thing" for 4 mm

2) Forward lean: just pull out the black thing ther's on the back of the boots, just above the heel (easier if you pull out the liner)

3) Canting: this all depends on your comfort and the shape of your legs, i set them with -1 degree for the left foot and -2 for the right foot

4) There are also 2 inserts to place under the liner, i use them, but just because i feel more comfortable, you just have to try different configuration and see which one fits you best
                Last edited by brembo; 12-14-2007, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X