what wax can you use on your board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beetlebud
    What about new boards? Do you usually wax them when you first get them?
    I would ride them once so the next wax coat you put on yourself, holds better. Really no use in putting wax over wax.

Boards:

Spruce 120s(x2), ALPs(x3), Lacroix 99's, BWPs.

Bindings:

Pro Prime Riser/Rossi Bindings(x2).

Comment

Lots of answers!

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Manlenium
        I would ride them once so the next wax coat you put on yourself, holds better. Really no use in putting wax over wax.
        actually, to get your bases 100% waxed you need to hot wax like 8 or 9 times in a row. thats what race skiers do.
        Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

I tried using candle wax for hot waxing and it seems to work ok because I put test pilot race paste on top of the candle wax. This is until I get real wax.

Comment

the problem with candle wax is it probably does not have the properties that a ski wax would have lets say.

wax is actually a really complex science. different waxes will even affect how stiff your bases are, and how your ski is going to respond. for example a wax that freezes very easily will give you a stiffer ski. a cold wax is not going to glide well in wet snow.

most people just need a universal ski wax.

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

It amazes me how complex waxing can be, especially when they start mixing waxes because a 1/10 second matters in a race.
              The candle wax wasn't too durable after 4 hours of skiboarding, but they sure were fast and fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Roussel
                actually, to get your bases 100% waxed you need to hot wax like 8 or 9 times in a row. thats what race skiers do.
                But do they have a ski slave doing it for them?? I cant really pay attention that long....

Boards:

Bindings:

Comment

well, for big pros, ya, they ahve a ski technician team that tests the humidity/tempurature/density of the snow on the course and waxes the skis jsut moments before the runs.

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

Well there you go. I wish i had a team of scientists testeing the snow dampness, humidity, wind conditions for me too.

Boards:

Bindings:

Comment

yeaaa i bring 3 technicians with me in my trunk...get them out to test the snow and wax my boards then put them away. It keeps my Cities happy lol

Comment

Working...
                      X