Groove Skywalker Boards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groove Skywalker Boards?

I got the chance to skiboard this year for the first time and loved it. Now I'm in the market to buy a some but don't really know what I'm looking for. I have done some looking around on the internet and found a couple references to Groove's Skywalker skiboards and I kind of like the ways those look and from what I've read, Groove makes some pretty good stuff. The only problem I facing is I can't find these boards for sale anywhere. So my question is this, are they any good and if so where can I find them?

Also, what are the best type of boots to get? I don't want to spend a fortune, but I want the best quality I can afford.

Any info you can give me will be much appreciated. Thanks.

those boards haven't been made for awhile. they are 90cm and the same specs as the 99cm brinton gundersen's. groove doesn't make anything smaller than 99cm anymore so you should look into the canon heritage 90's or snowjam 90's they are pretty close to the 90cm skywalkers.

later,

greco

Comment

Great thanks!

Yeah, I didn't even know their lengths, I mainly just like the way the Skywalkers looked. I think now I am kind of leaning towards Groove's Briton Gundersen's model but am not sure if those would be best for me. I am 6 foot and weigh about 215 lbs. I have only skiboarded once but got the hang of it semi-fast (I think because I play a lot of hockey). Would those be good boards for me? Also, since I play hockey so much, I am really partial to a softer boot, but then again I know nothing about skiboard boots, so what boot would you recommend for me? (Keep in mind I'm looking for a good price as well as quality, and I only get to use them maybe twice a year.) Thanks for all the help.

Comment

the brinton's are great boards, i use them myself (i'm 6'1, 205lbs).

i've tried a bunch of different boots and by far the best i've used, and my current boots, are the deeluxe lemans (same boot as old raichle sb423's and line transfers). they are not the cheapest but not the most expensive either and they are comfortable and offer a lot of support and adjustments.

-g

Comment

i like the graphics on the skywalkers, PIMP
          Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

Working...
          X