Gringing rails and skating????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gringing rails and skating????

ok i gotta do this quick cause i gotta goto school. I am goin to the mountain tomarrow with my new bwp's. I need some tps on how to grind (BOX or RAIL). Also when i am trying to skate to the chairlift....i suck. i a mso slow. for some reason i just cant do it. the backs of the boards hit and i wobble. How do you skatte eaisier?

thanks.

i've gotten pretty good at skating, it's probably the thing im best at on skiboards, i can go pretty damn fast. It's hard to recall, but when i skate i try to be a light as possible and push to the side and slightly diagonal (so the tip is away from you). I also lift the skiboard that isn't pushing off the ground. If your tips are hitting try to not have a large reverse snowplough angle, and time it right so that they don't connect. It's really just practice, and im finding it very hard to explain.

ill try and find a vid of a skiboarder skating.
    all the gear and relatively little idea.

riding condors

www.exclaimskiboards.co.uk

rectangle

Comment

on grinding ... find some wide boxes to start with first that you can slide up onto. Practice on those over and over again until you get used to it then you can start turning sideways, etc.

On skating ... I have never had difficulty but I agree with the last post it is a little hard to explain ... I do find that after I push with one foot I lean toward the opposite foot and lift the one I just pushed with.
      EMPs
      Snowjam Extreme IIs
      Kneissl Rail Boot

Comment

when it comes to grinds approach the rail with it centered between your skiboards...a quick little hop sideways and ride it out, stay centered and dont hang out back or you will hit your ass when coming off the rail, dont be afraid of a little speed.

i dont do a lot of skating where i ski...i usually ride all the way up to the line. when getting on the lift i usually just push off by placing one ski perpendicular to my front ski and push off of it. looks like an upside down T....

im sure the other guys on here can explain shit better than me, hopefully some of this helps though...
        Bringing skiboarding down south.....

.xX DEATH_BEFORE_DISHONOR Xx.

-Snowjam 90s with extreme II bindings
        -Revel8 BWPs with Line FF Pro bindings

Comment

I don't know about a wide box to start out on; I liked using the skinnier boxes to learn to grind because it was easier to bail out. Maybe that's just me, but I felt more comfortable that way. As for skating, it just takes practice. Try to avoid bumping your boards together as much as you can and you'll go faster and not damage the boards so much.

Dan
          Chickens w/ Spruce Pro Primes

Comment

Speed is very important when grinding, the less time you're on the rail the less chance of you falling. I would start on a nice box, thats how I just learned.

Comment

as far as you having trouble skating, maybe you need orthotic insert for your boots

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

well i went. it was fun. I started on a box....did it well. it was one that went from the ground then up then down like a hill. I did it a few times then i changed it up a bit. When i went up i went up straight then turned my body sideways. Fell right on my ass....huge bruise.

Comment

That's exactly what happened to me the first few times. I'd be willing to bet that you were leaning back and that your feet weren't far enough apart. When you try to go sideways for the first time, you need to keep a wide base with your boards and try to keep your weight more centered. I try to look ahead of me on the box/rail, and that usually helps me with the weight balance issue. Just keep trying, because when you get it, it's worth all the failed attempts.

Dan
                  Chickens w/ Spruce Pro Primes

Comment

Working...
                  X