skiboard, ski or snowboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skiboard, ski or snowboard

What is the learning curve between the three?
    I'm going to vail next week and I want to get the best out of the week I'm there. I've heard skiboards are easier but I tried them in north carolina, I think they were salomons and I couldn't really get any speed or carve./icy

You need to try real skiBOARDS. Skiblades (solomons, etc.) just don't compare. The problem is that you'll have a hard time finding genuine skiboards if you're renting. If you're going all the way to Colorado you might as well just drop some cash on a set of Snowjams on SBOL. I'm sure Greco could have 'em to you before your trip.

Real boards will make your trip enjoyable. Maybe some of the Colorado riders can tell you if there's a shop you can rent real boards from.
    -Line Mike Nick Pros with FF Pro bindings
    -Line Jedis with FF Pro bindings
    -Snowjam 90s with extreme II bindings

Comment

Yes, real skiboards are worth the investment and are infinitely better than snowblades. They will definitely have the shortest learning curve, but if you are restricted to renting, I'd go with skis. Snowboards are a pain in the butt (literaly and figuratively) to learn. I can say this as I can snowboard, skiboard, and ski. But definitely get some skiboards if you can.

Dan
      Chickens w/ Spruce Pro Primes

Comment

i have to agree with air donut as with most rentels board skiboard or skiis the chance of you getting equipment that hasent been upkept is pretty high... dull edges will leave you on your ass most of the time while learning any of these... also lack of wax can leave you stuck unstaping in flats... thats if you choose to snowboard of course. skiboarding was really easy for me to pick up and for the many i have turned onto skiboarding also... fun from the very start.... snowboarding and skiing seems like you spend to much time learning how to go down the hill you wont have as much fun.... Ive done all three so take my advice man the price you will pay for rentels will end up being the same as a fresh pair if your gonna be out 3 days or so...
        Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Comment

I called up a shop over there and they said all they got is salomon's and some kind of K2. but they do tune/sharpen/wax gear... are k2's anygood?

Comment

K2's are no better than salomons; I actually think they're pretty similar. Stupid ski shops only carry snowblades because those are the manufacturers they trust.

Dan
            Chickens w/ Spruce Pro Primes

Comment

Originally posted by jonathantl
              I called up a shop over there and they said all they got is salomon's and some kind of K2. but they do tune/sharpen/wax gear... are k2's anygood?
              i would go with the k2's out of the two. i think they are a bit wider, not symetrical, but at least wider.

g

Comment

even better try and rent Head Big Easys- wood core, 13/9/12 and 94cm.
                all the gear and relatively little idea.

riding condors

www.exclaimskiboards.co.uk

rectangle

Comment

Ya my home Mt. rents the Head Big easy's
                  thats kinda why thats what i bought when i got my pair, so if your ever at 7 springs in Champion, Pa you'll have no trouble getting on a pair of those plus they are about the closest thing to Real Skiboards you'll see being rented
                  you never really don't realize it, you just quit caring...

Comment

I tried snowboarding and failed miserably. And Dan is right about them being a pain in the rear end. They can also do some nasty things to your spine. I also tried skis and they were hard as well. Then I tried Snowblades and found them to be way easier to use, if not very highperformance. Finally I got a pair of SnowJam 90TT's and learned how much fun a set of real skiboards can be. In my opinion, if you have the money get yourself a pair of SnowJams and give it a try. I doubt you'll regret it.
                    RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Working...
                    X