Question on boards I bought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on boards I bought

Hey everyone. Glad to be part of this fourm and a new skiboarder. Going up to Steamboat Springs CO in a few weeks to try out some boards I bought at a ski show. I had done some research on the sport but I cant find much info on these boards. I

I have tried to contact the manufacturer but have gotten no response. They are the Alpina brand and they have the words High Performance Pipe Dream 0.97 on them. They have a non release binding with the numbers 4/095 049073 in the space under it. On the tail of the blade it has 106 for the tip, 84 for the middle and 100 for the tail. Next to that it has Radius 7.2 m. They are black on the tip with a yellow slash then grey and then yellow and black on the tail.

I had been planning to buy when I came across them and thought it was a good deal as they were brand new. I have read some things about 4 hole vs 8 hole bindings (they have 8) but I dont know what the core is made out of. I am about 5'10 230lbs and I thought these would be ok to start out on. Yet I can not find much info this exact type. If they are not good I am still interested enough to purchase another pair late this season.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Ski HARD!!!!

how much are they?

i dont know anything about them, but i'm sure some one here does (G?). my guess is they are foam core and not much cheaper than a pair of snowjams or something.

That turning radius seems kinda high, too, doesn't it? I'm not too sure.

EDIT: Sorry, you BOUGHT them....my bad.

well, hopefully these guys can give you more info then.
    ~harry

@HarrySiii
    -Skier turned snowboarder turned skiboarder
    -RVL8 2010 KTP, RVL8 Receptors
    -RVL8 EMP, Line FF Pro
    -Deeluxe 225 (FINALLY a boot I can wear!)

Comment

Alpina's are foam core, 8-hole, and narrow. They are very similar to snowblades, so they are not very good boards. However, since you already bought them, they will be fine to start on. Just know that real skiboards will be able to go faster, carve harder, be more stable, and float more in powder. I don't know how much you paid for them, but if you just wanted to pick up a different pair and cut your losses, you could sell them on ebay. It looks like sealed alpina's go for around 120sih.
      I do it because I can.
      I can because I want to.
      I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
      '08 KTPs

Comment

http://ecom1.sno-ski.com/product500.html

it think thats what your looking for
        you never really don't realize it, you just quit caring...

Comment

i would ski on them till you can get better boards

Comment

I say it really depends on what kinda riding you plan on doing... Dont look like those would be very fun to try and ride fakie. but im sure the would be alright to just bomb the hill either way you gonna love riding skiboards. I havent really intoduced anyone to the sport who didnt. some people it only takes a run. to get the hang of skiboarding some it can take a day or two... if it only takes you a run i would look into gettin a better set, as you will probablly become board of these boards. i would try to get red of them bad boys on ebay or something and try to get a pair of either loken's or revel8's..... cause un a tru twintip the fun doesnt end...
            Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Comment

Thanks for the info so far. I only paid $79 bucks for them and I will do more carving, speed runs and hangin with my snowboarding buddies who know nothing about this new thing. Well I may try them since I did get them and then up grade......
              Ski HARD!!!!

Comment

YEAH, thats what I started on. They suck. I bought them new for cheap just to see if I would like skiboarding. I had tried skis a few weeks before that and I never wanted to go on the snow again! I thought i liked the alpinas till my sister had me try her Canon 90s, they were to heavy for her so she donated them to me for a while. The difference was amazing. I had more fun than you should legally have. The alpinas are basically kids skis with a non-release binding.
                Revel8 EMP, Line Pro 99, Canon 90
                Spruce Riser Pro w/ Rossi Axium 110 Bindings
                Kneissel Rail Boots

Beauty Is Knee Deep!

Comment

Thanks!!!

Thanks everyone who replied to this. I may just use them once or twice and then get a good pair. You all were a great help being honest. Most stores and even big ones like Sports Chalet are not up on this. So this site will be my choice to buy my next pair from. I am in it fo life!!!!
                  Ski HARD!!!!

Comment

Well I am just back from Steamboat where I boarded for the first time and on these Alpinas.

It was a great experience and I am gonna enjoy this. For a first timer the boards were fun. I had to get used to no poles and adjusting my balance but it did not take more than 2 runs. I hit the snowboard park and some bumps and I was having a ball. I will keep these as a back up and get some others very soon. They did ok I just want the ease of stepping in (not steping and clamping) and going like on regular skis and not having to attach the leashes everytime.

I got some looks and a few questions but found that turning was immediate and very precise. I really enjoyed it. I liked the ability to carve. I think I will be doing this for sometime to come!!!
                    Ski HARD!!!!

Comment

awesome man! glad you enjoyed yourself!
                      ~harry

@HarrySiii
                      -Skier turned snowboarder turned skiboarder
                      -RVL8 2010 KTP, RVL8 Receptors
                      -RVL8 EMP, Line FF Pro
                      -Deeluxe 225 (FINALLY a boot I can wear!)

Comment

another disciple... go preach brotha, go preach.
                        Dave | Elevendy

Comment

Have you given thought to what boards you want to upgrade to? We're always here to help...

Dan
                          Chickens w/ Spruce Pro Primes

Comment

Working...
                          X