One Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Question

Okay I've been using the releasable bindings on regular skis but now I am switching to ski boards and the non-releasble bindings. My question is how do they connect and lock into the boot and how they're released. I've been to the ski shops around Houston but none have ski boards or blades with non-release bindings to figure out how they work.

Mike
    I fuckin hate flat ground and hot weather
    Revel8 EMPs
    Dalbello Aerro 70s

best thing to do is search around the pictures of bindings on the sbol site to get a good look at them, but basically there is 1 solid metal piping that the back lip of your ski boot slides under and in the front its almost the same thing but there is a lever/handle that you put on the front lip of you ski boot and when you clamp the lever down it locks you skiboot in thats the best i can do, pictures realy help cuz im not sure the terminology

http://www.sbol.ws/vbulletin/upload/...&threadid=3294

great pictue
    Last edited by Kirk S; 02-13-2007, 09:49 AM.
    you never really don't realize it, you just quit caring...

Comment

Yeah, maybe you were trying it backwards? In reality, there is a limit on how much you can mess up while trying to put your bindings on, and that limit is pretty low. You'll get it.

Dan
      Chickens w/ Spruce Pro Primes

Comment

i dont think he has ever seen them in person Dan thats why he was asking, but if you cant figure out how to put on non-relasiable binding then 1 maybe their broke and you not an idiot or 2 you may be drunk but after a try or 2 you should still get it lol

Comment

It took me a couple tries the first time, and I was totally sober. My boards kept sliding out and I got really frustrated because my friends were going to leave without me.

Dan
          Chickens w/ Spruce Pro Primes

Comment

lol.
            ya i think i had to help like 3 or 4 girls get their bindings clipped in their first time

Comment

my boards still slip away sometimes if im not on relatively level ground...a couple weeks ago at 7 springs there was a guy with the MNPs with the samurai dude on a horse...anyways, he them on completely backwards with the clip in the back...I didn't want to yell across the lift line, otherwise I would've told him...I thought that was wierd though...even if you didnt know, why would you think it went in the back? Has anyone else seen/done this?
              God Speed

Comment

good thing his boards were symmetrical lol.

as far as putting the boards on, i just bring a small face towel, lay the boards down, lock in, put the towel in my jacket pocket and get on the lift. the towel's equivalent to my son's magic carpet at ski school and makes a nice snot rag for those runny nose days, too.
                Spruce 120s!!!
                KTPs
                BWPs
                Extreme II bindings w/ Rossignol Soft Light 1 boots; snowboard bindings w/ "strut" garage riser and boa snowboard boots; Spruce composite risers/C609 bindings
                Snowjam 75s for da kids; Summit 85s for kids' friends and the occasional odd experiment

Comment

ill have to look for that guy at 7springs wonder how far he went before they popped off. I mean i know it can be hard getting them on, but not knowing how to put them on is kinda sad

Comment

haha that's what I thought too...I would think any pressure to the back wouldve popped them right off...who knows...that towel idea sounds pretty good...especially for wiping your nose!

Kirk S, are you going up this weekend?
                    God Speed

Comment

Thanks for the pic Kirk S it puts things in better perspective. I've looked all over and never found a pic of the boot in it.
                      I fuckin hate flat ground and hot weather
                      Revel8 EMPs
                      Dalbello Aerro 70s

Comment

a picture says a thousand words man, when i started i coulnd't find any pics thats why i bought Head Big Easy 94's cuz they were the only board that i accualy knew what i was getting before i purchesed it

no not this weekend amorganw maybe in a weekend or so we should definatly hit some runs together sometime

Comment

Just a word of why some people could be confused as to how skiboard bindings work. Tele bindings have a similar latching lever, only it is designed to go on the heel as opposed to the toe, since the toe is fixed and the heel is free to move. In all honesty, you could make skiboard bindings that clipped in the back no problem, it would just take a slightly differently shaped lever than for the toe.
                          I do it because I can.
                          I can because I want to.
                          I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
                          '08 KTPs

Comment

Working...
                          X