Skiboard Length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skiboard Length

I'm new to skiboarding (been skiing for about 7 years). I got bored of regular skiing cause i've been wanting to do tricks. I am about 6'2 and I was wondering wut length skiboards I should get and what the advantages of shorter and longer boards are. I'm also trying to go as cheap as I can while still getting quality boards. (not "snowblades" or any of the inferior kinds). Any suggestions would help, thx.
    -*- Revel 8 08' BWP-*-
    -*- Extreme II Bindings-*-

Well if you go cheap, you will get just that cheap. I am the same height as you, but I dont know your weight. I am 225lbs so Im not a small guy. I went with Revel8 EMP's and am very pleased. The are large enough for me and very stable even on the crud on the local hills here. The taller you are the longer board you want because it's just more stable. You could go with those the ALP's for stability, but if you want to do tricks you'll probably want to go with the BWP's.

If you are about my size though I'd stick with the 105's, it's just the way to go. As for bindings. If you are going to do tricks go with nonrelease or the high endreleaseables. The nonrelease top of the line is the Bombers, but they are out for the season, many consider the FF Pro's they sell here to be a very close if not even with the Bombers, and they are $40 cheaper. I'd go with that.
    Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

I agree totally with adeehr. EMPs with Line FF Pros is a perfect setup for you. If you want to save some money, my bindings have been serving me very well (snowjam extreme IIs) and are much cheaper than bombers or ff pros. Don't skimp on the boards though, or you'll regret it.

Dan
      Chickens w/ Spruce Pro Primes

Comment

go emps

Comment

Rob, sometimes it seems to me that you just like posting for the sake of posting. Is it true? I only say this because your responses do not go into detail or explain your opinions. I'm just saying that posts tend to be more helpful to people when their responses are well explained, especially when trying to figure out how to spend their money.

Dan

Comment

If you're trying to get into it cheaply, you don't have to go with Revel8's. The Revel8's are most likely the best boards on the market (although I haven't ridden every board, so I wouldn't know for sure). Any boards on this site will be fine, and if you are looking for cheap, a lot of people go with SnowJam 90's. They will not be as stable as longer or wider boards, but unless you are landing big jumps, bombing runs to the point the boards are what hold you back, or going in deep pow, you won't have a problem on them. As for bindings, I would personally say go with the SnowJam Ex II's or the Line FFPro's. The Pro's are better, but the SnowJams are fine to learn on.
            I do it because I can.
            I can because I want to.
            I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
            '08 KTPs

Comment

Thx alot for all of your help guys. I just figured out that I am on a budget of a little less $ 300. So, does that change anyones ideas? What are the best boards for under 300? (6'2, 170 lbs). Thx again! (can you also tell me what length, cause I am completely clueless).
              I was looking at the Revel 8 Tashno with the snowjam "quick adjust" bindings. I don't really know if that's what I want cause again, I'm new to skiboarding. Can anyone comment on that choice?
              Last edited by skiskiskiski; 02-03-2007, 08:25 AM.
              -*- Revel 8 08' BWP-*-
              -*- Extreme II Bindings-*-

Comment

With your size, I wouldn't recommend going with the snowjams because of their length. For your price range, that leaves you with the spruces, which are a little long for my taste. Is that $250 for the boards only? Or is it for boots, bindings, and boards? If you're trying to get the whole package for that, your options are very narrow even for just boards and bindings. But, if that's what your limited to, I'd say go with the spruce 120s.

Dan

Comment

id say the emp's as well.

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

Working...
                  X