direction of rotation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• direction of rotation

this may seem dumb but has been on my mind for a while . when i go to spin, like 180 or 360 , i rotate counter clockwise but when i got to hop on a rail or box i turn clockwise so me left foot is in front . this just seem odd to me . any one have some input to why i do this or any one else do the same ?
    CHRIS

I always lead with my left on rails, but do spins either way. I think it's about a fear factor for me. I'm less scared of falling on my left side, but I don't know why.

Dan
    Chickens w/ Spruce Pro Primes

Comment

I spin left and spin onto rails right....which is kinda wierd. Im working on being able to go both ways though....its gunna take some time, but will be worht it.

Comment

I spin right forward but left fakie...

For some reason everyone I ride with spins right too, while the rest of the world spins left.

Comment

Originally posted by kirk
          I spin right forward but left fakie...

For some reason everyone I ride with spins right too, while the rest of the world spins left.
          a global phenomenon.

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

i used to spin right when doing 180s, 360s, etc on my rollerblades and left when going onto rails but always had a problem doing 270 royals and savanahs n such so i tried spinning right for those and it was much easier. and so on skiboards i spin right for anything i do.

Comment

Re: direction of rotation

Originally posted by c-smithy
              this may seem dumb but has been on my mind for a while . when i go to spin, like 180 or 360 , i rotate counter clockwise but when i got to hop on a rail or box i turn clockwise so me left foot is in front . this just seem odd to me . any one have some input to why i do this or any one else do the same ?
              Sounds like your regular foot vs goofy.

Comment

I spin counter and then lead with my left foot on rails.

My hubby is the opposite on skis.

I think it is just some inate (sp?) thing like being left or right-handed.

It scares me to death for some odd reason to go the other direction with either. No explanation.
                EMPs
                Snowjam Extreme IIs
                Kneissl Rail Boot

Comment

was just wonderin this the other day i can through spins either way but clockwise ends up mad corked. counterclockwise is allot more natural but other way around fackie oppisite of kirk
                  Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Comment

on inline skates:
                    - I naturally turn to backwards clockwise, feels really hard other way

on skiboards:
                    - to turn fakie/spin on ground I can do both ways and can't really remember which feels more natural, will have to test next time
                    - to turn 90degrees onto a box slide/rail I always turn counter-clockwise,
                    Last edited by anaesthetic; 03-07-2007, 01:35 PM.
                    Revel8 BWP - Spruce Pro Prime
                    SnowJam 90 - Extreme II

Comment

Working...
                    X