Fresh meat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh meat

Ok guys i am 5'10 220 lbs and i come from a inline background, i have not done it in about 3 years but used to all the time for about 6 years, my question is at my local slope i dont see many Skiboarders around mostly snowboards and skis, probably going to play in the park but might sometime want to go with the girlfriend down the slope, i have been skiing about 3 times and i really like it, but as i used to skate i thought maybe this would be more my speed, any help and input would be great, and i am located in Baltimore MD if anyone lives close maybe we can meet up.

As far as boards, I'd suggest the Revel8 tanshos. Revel8 is the best skiboard brand on the market, and I'd say 90cm is a good length based on what you've done before. Short boards are good for the park and the short length will give a closer feeling to inline skates than longer boards. They are plenty long for you and your lady friend to carve up whatever part of the mountain tickles your fancy. For bindings, I'd go with the Line FF Pro's if you're into non-releasables (I've ridden both non and releasable bindings, and I greatly prefer the non-releasables as far as feel and performance). They're some of the best bindings out there.

Final Verdict: Tansho's with Line FF Pro non-releasable bindings

Dan

P.S. I live in Lancaster, PA, so I'm reasonable close to you.
    Chickens w/ Spruce Pro Primes

Comment

Re: Fresh meat

Originally posted by Hiofficr
      Ok guys i am 5'10 220 lbs and i come from a inline background, i have not done it in about 3 years but used to all the time for about 6 years, my question is at my local slope i dont see many Skiboarders around mostly snowboards and skis, probably going to play in the park but might sometime want to go with the girlfriend down the slope, i have been skiing about 3 times and i really like it, but as i used to skate i thought maybe this would be more my speed, any help and input would be great, and i am located in Baltimore MD if anyone lives close maybe we can meet up.

and from what i read a releasable binding is maybe what i am looking for,

Comment

Re: Re: Fresh meat

Originally posted by Hiofficr
        and from what i read a releasable binding is maybe what i am looking for,
        its all preference, personally i find that the non releasables gives a tighter, more skate like feel to the boards. also iwth a 90cm board you are at less risk to injure yourself with a non releasable.

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

I think you'd be alright with non-releasables, but it's all up to you. Also, I've never seen anyone quote themselves. Props for originality .

Dan

Comment

I live just outside of Baltimore, MD, and happen to have a pair of Tansho's. If you'd like to 'try before you buy' so to speak, let's meet up and ride one day. I've got a night club card for Liberty/Whitetail/Roundtop, so any evening is good.

Chris

Comment

i have a friend who has a pair of LINE boards he will give me any input on these,and yeah meeting up would be pretty cool, ill let you know are you going up anytime next week

Comment

Older lines are better lines. The new ones aren't very good, as they're getting to be plastic bindings and foam cores. The old mike nick pros or weapons are good still though.

Dan

Comment

Actually, they are still wood core boards. They just ruin the flex, ability to change boards/bindings independently, and quality of bindings by using what they do. If they just made 4-hole boards they would be no different than their old boards.
                  I do it because I can.
                  I can because I want to.
                  I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
                  '08 KTPs

Comment

Working...
                  X