Us Big People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Us Big People

I am looking into skiboarding, but am a rather large person. I play football at my school, and do a decent job at staying in shape, but am 6'4" and about 240 lbs. I was wondering if skiboarding is a very feasible option for me, or is the short length going to make it difficult for me.

Ahh skiboarding; always possible. If you want to get into it, I'd suggest Revel8 ALPs with Line FF Pro bindings. I think you'd be fine on them, just keep your edges sharp!

Dan
    Chickens w/ Spruce Pro Primes

Comment

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it.

Comment

if you don't have any skiing/skiboarding experience you might want to go shorter until you get a year or two under your belt. shorter boards will be easier for you to learn and maneuver but won't float your weight as well in powder.

g

Comment

if you don't have any skiing/skiboarding experience you might want to go shorter until you get a year or two under your belt. shorter boards will be easier for you to learn and maneuver but won't float your weight as well in powder.
          You really think the short ones are easier? I always thought the longer ones were easier, but I did start out on skis. I suggested longer boards based on his weight, but he probably would do just as well on the BWPs or EMPs. I don't think ALPs would be a bad choice, though I could be wrong.

Dan

Comment

alp's aren't a bad choice at all but if he's never skied or only gone a few times he might enjoy shorter boards more his first few seasons.

g

Comment

BWPs then? Always the happy median.

Dan

Comment

im big and i ride snowjam 90tt

Comment

Hmm, the Snowjam boards seem to be cheaper than the Revel8s or anything else for that matter. If I am worried about price, would the Snowjams be a good option for my first boards, with the possibility of upgrading later?

Comment

Sorry for doing another one in a row, but I just realized another problem. I have size 15 feet, but it would seem that most bindings only go up to size 13 (us men's, for those wondering). Am I overlooking one, or do I need to look into getting something special?

Comment

I thought I'd have the same problem, because I have 13.5's but they fit in almost all the bindings. Your size though....that might be tough, you might need special
                      Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

I don't know what's going on with the bindings, but as far as boards the saying holds true. You get what you pay for, and the Revel8 boards are superior to the snowjams. I was on a budget too, and thankfully went with EMPs. I don't regret a dollar of it.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle78
                          Sorry for doing another one in a row, but I just realized another problem. I have size 15 feet, but it would seem that most bindings only go up to size 13 (us men's, for those wondering). Am I overlooking one, or do I need to look into getting something special?
                          need to know your boot sole length to figure out if you won't fit. if it falls within the range in this chart's boot sole length column you're set.

g

Comment

Alright thanks! Do you guys know who I would need to talk to if I couldn't find a size 15 boot small enough to fit into one of those bindings?

Comment

if the boots you go with are over 358mm then you might be out of luck. i know the deeluxe boots have a shorter sole length because they are not din compatible. so you could get those but couldn't use releasable bindings with them. or if you wait until next year maybe bomber will make the extra long elites again.

g

Comment

Working...
                              X