No announcement yet.

what boards and bindings should i get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what boards and bindings should i get?

i am semi new to skiboarding (went about 4 times last year and rented head big easys). i want to get my own boards this year and i was wondering what ones i should get...i see that alot of you tend to want to height and weight to determine which is the best board...i am 6'6" and 170lb

i was looking at either the revel8 EMP or the loken apetorch

also what bindings do you recommend...i sort of want to go with releasables just for the safety factor

also...what is a very flexible and comfortable boot to look into

all the help will be great guys

thanks
    Last edited by Jpdst29; 01-27-2007, 09:26 PM.
    - Jerome
    - Revel8 EMP's, spruce pro primes

With your hieght, EMPS with spruce pro prime releasables.
    all the gear and relatively little idea.

riding condors

www.exclaimskiboards.co.uk

rectangle

Comment

Yeah, my vote would be for EMPs for you. They should be a very good fit. The Lokens are much stiffer and will feel strange to you for a while, which is not necessarily a bad thing; I would just recommend a board with more flex to the genreal public. You may even want to consider ALPs because of your height, but EMPs should be fine. As for the bindings, I don't think you need to worry too much about non-releasables. In general, they won't be overly dangerous unless you're bombing down glade runs and get your stuff twisted. I've ridden both, and I prefer the feel of non-releasables to releasables.

Dan
      Chickens w/ Spruce Pro Primes

Comment

yea i think you'd like the EMP's also. for boots i reccomend the raichle/deeluxe boots they are AMAZING in terms of from back flex and the liners are... unreal.

see my review in the sbol store.

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

Originally posted by Mark
          yea i think you'd like the EMP's also. for boots i reccomend the raichle/deeluxe boots they are AMAZING in terms of from back flex and the liners are... unreal.

see my review in the sbol store.
          if i were to buy these boots online from SBOL, how would i go about getting the correct size...shouldnt i try them on first, to make sure they fit properly
          - Jerome

Comment

I'd suggest checking out your local ski shop and trying on some boots to figure out the proper mondo size. Some places have fitting instruments as well.

Dan

Comment

Being 6'6", you shouldn't have any trouble riding the EMPs with non-release. It will give you a much better feel for the boards. The EMPs should be great for you. I'm 6'4" and switch betweent them and the BWPs, depending on the conditions and what I'm doing. They're both great boards.

Comment

even though i am pretty much a beginner...i should still get non-releasables?
                - Jerome

Comment

there should be no problem, just make sure you don't ski beyond your ability.
                  Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

I learned skiboards with non-releasables; it's no big deal. If anything they make it easier because when you're falling more often you don't need to constantly be chasing your boards. You can just get up and go.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                    X