super boards with non-releasables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• super boards with non-releasables

i think i want to try one of the "super boards" (110cm+ )probably next season, if i get the 2nd job i'm pulling for, then i will this season. can i use my extreme II bindings on a board like this? does anyone do this or is it just a really bad idea to go non-release that big? i would also want to try park with it, if that matters
    tune the fm in to static and pretend that it's the sea

The 110's do use the standard 4x4 binding pattern and there are a lot of people who do ride them with non-releasable bindings. It is not as safe as riding shorter boards, but depending on your height/weight/ability/how confident you are in you knowing how to take a fall safely it might still be ok. If you are planning on going for anything longer than 110's, they are not even drilled with the standard 4x4 pattern and you will have to use releasable bindings. If you tell us your height and weight we might be able to give you a better idea of what is going to be your best route.
    I do it because I can.
    I can because I want to.
    I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
    '08 KTPs

Comment

The Spruce 120's also have the standard 4 hole insert so you can use them with non-realeasables, although most people wouldn't recommend it.

Patti
      Everything in moderation, including
      moderation...

Comment

Spruce 120's do not have a standard 4x4. You would need a custom made mount to let you use 4x4.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian.cap
          Spruce 120's do not have a standard 4x4. You would need a custom made mount to let you use 4x4.
          Oops, sorry. My bad.

Patti
          Everything in moderation, including
          moderation...

Comment

Spruces + non release = sprial fracture.

Comment

Working...
            X