Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hey everyone, I'm new to skiboarding and new to the forums, just wanted to say hey. Anyways, i bought a pair of snowblades, which i'm dreadfully regretting after finding these forums and reading about them. should have done more homework b4 buying but oh well, i suppose theyll be good for starting. Anyways was just wondering if any one had pointers on moving into park. I've got a couple years experience on long skis, just on the slopes tho, none in park. anyways, pointers would be greatly appreciated. thanks
    -Tim
    New skiboarder.

like long skis pratice really helps

Comment

you recommend taking my skis into the park to practice for my skiboards?
      New skiboarder.

Comment

You'll still be able to land stuff on the snowblades; they'll be a closer feel to real skiboards. Practicing on snowblades will help you improve you balance whereas skis mostly just give you a feeling of what it's like to land. That's my opinion.

Dan
        Chickens w/ Spruce Pro Primes

Comment

ah ok. thanks Dan
          New skiboarder.

Comment

I forgot to mention this, but you will probably not be able to ride backwards with the snowblades, because the back tips aren't high enough (this was the case with mine, yours could be different). It's gonna be really tough to land 180s and anything backwards. Yet another major downside of snowblades.

Dan

Comment

yeah i was reading about that on the forums, the bindings are set really far back, leaving a lot more room up in the front, and not a lot towards the back. i'm thinking i'll invest in a new pair of boards/bindings soon
              New skiboarder.

Comment

You really can't tell the difference between skiboards and snowblades until you've ridden skiboards. I snowbladed last year and I greatly regret it after riding my EMPs, even on crappy conditions. The discrepencies are truly astounding. Skiboards carve better, corner better, land better, go faster, and the list goes on and on. The only difference is that it's a little easier to transition from skis to snowblades; but this only translates to approximately 2 runs. My first time on skiboards I flew down a black diamond for my first ever run. All I could think was WOW.

Dan

Comment

word.

Comment

i tried for the longest time to ride backwards with snowblade rentals.. it just doesnt work.. props for skiboards

Comment

just get used to riding them for a while. then when you pick up some skiboards watch all the negative aspects of riding them dissapear

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

Haha mark is right. The difference is incredible.

Dan

Comment

I tried to convince my female cousin to buy some skiboards (she has salomon blades atm) but she didn't want to because she didn't like the graphics for the 90cm ones. silly girl.

Problem is she's at a level where nothing really challenges any more, like she goes fakie down black diamonds, on snowblades. ridiculous.

so now, for some reason, she's buying some 120cm salomons to see if they'll challenge her.

that was well not on topic i know.
                          all the gear and relatively little idea.

riding condors

www.exclaimskiboards.co.uk

rectangle

Comment

I 'snowbladed' for about 4 years and could dance pretty good on them ... actually never had any prob riding backwards (must have something to do with the stance), I learned a lot of stuff on the blades but really have outgrown em now ...so do not regret your buy .. and as mark says get used to them, see if you like the ski/skate feeling and freedom they bring ... then call on Greco for the real stuff.
                            Are you experienced?
                            Revel 8 EMP + spruce pro lite

Comment

just go buy some boards

Comment

Working...
                              X