Jumps and rails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jumps and rails

Alright i have used my boards a couple times now and i am really comfortable with them.I have started to hit some jumps and some rails. but i cant land any jumps over a half a foot. i think im leaning back 2 much because i always crash on my ass. same with the rails i can get about 2-3 feet down the rail then the boards go right out from under me.

any suggestions on what i can do get better at jumps and rails

I always found that if i grab I land better
    and for boxes/rails feet about shoulder width apart and stay over them
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Comment

I can land 20 foot tables without bending my knees at all. I also keep my skis basicly touching when i grind. I dont seem to have a problem.

Comment

try throwing your arms forward as you fly off the lip. itll keep your momentum going forward and balanced in the air. Spot your landing and attack it.
        try working on style points too. itll give you confidence if not look cool.

and stay loose
        Revel8 Condors - Bomber's
        Revel8 Emp's - Bomber's
        Revel8 Cities - Bomber's
        Line Weapons - FF Cam's
        Snowjam 90 - Extreme II's
        Snowjam 75 - Extreme II's
        Salomon 1080 Foil Boots

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel
          I can land 20 foot tables without bending my knees at all. I also keep my skis basicly touching when i grind. I dont seem to have a problem.
          that sounds really pretty.

Comment

that sounds completely innacurate, not to mention it looks really bad.

why wouldnt you want to bend your knees?

I know a great chiropractor, give me a call when you need to see him.
            Last edited by Mark; 01-19-2007, 07:32 AM.

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

When you first learn, go straight down the rail/box. Don't turn sideways until you have a feel for what you're doing. That's what works for me.

Dan
              Chickens w/ Spruce Pro Primes

Comment

true donut.

also you have to commit to it 100%

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

Yeah true. DO NOT be afraid to go fast, it makes it so much easier. Keep your weight centered or slightly forward, but don't lean back. I'm still in the go straight at it stage, but I land pretty much everything so I think I can give some reasonable advice.

Dan
                  Chickens w/ Spruce Pro Primes

Comment

Originally posted by TheJuke
                    I always found that if i grab I land better.
                    That's how i am on my snowboard. I find that I throw grabs in to almost keep my composure and clear my head.

I know it sounds strange...but it keeps me tight and focused because I can picture myself doing the grab. When I just jump without grabbing, I worry about the landing too much and am more likely to crash.

strange.

I never have grabbed on skis or skiboards yet though. I will this weekend though!
                    ~harry

@HarrySiii
                    -Skier turned snowboarder turned skiboarder
                    -RVL8 2010 KTP, RVL8 Receptors
                    -RVL8 EMP, Line FF Pro
                    -Deeluxe 225 (FINALLY a boot I can wear!)

Comment

Originally posted by harrysiii
                      That's how i am on my snowboard. I find that I throw grabs in to almost keep my composure and clear my head.

I know it sounds strange...but it keeps me tight and focused because I can picture myself doing the grab. When I just jump without grabbing, I worry about the landing too much and am more likely to crash.

strange.

I never have grabbed on skis or skiboards yet though. I will this weekend though!

exactly
                      Last edited by TheJuke; 02-07-2007, 03:40 PM.
                      Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Comment

Working...
                      X