First timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First timer

OK so i've been doing a lot of research and in the end figured its time to ask people who are already in the know.

im like 5'4" and 150 lbs. Been skiing for around 12yrs, but need a change.

What would be the ideal setup for me? coming from a skater background i was thinking:

Snowjam 75cm or should i go with the 90cm

as far as bindings go i was thinking either the spruce risers or the bomber elite? Should i just go big now, get the risers and upgrade the boards later?

As far as boots, the rossignol soft light 3's don't sound too shabby.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

90cm tansho with bomber elites.

Splash out now, and then have amazing boards and bindings for years to come.

but i don't really know jack.

I'd say no lower than 90cm because of your weight.
    all the gear and relatively little idea.

riding condors

www.exclaimskiboards.co.uk

rectangle

Comment

I'm gonna have to watch what i say here so i dont get sliced and diced again but

if you primarily go at somewhat slower speeds I think you will enjoy the 75 and they will keep that inline skate feel, however in my own personal reccomendation I would suggest at least 90cm for high speed stability.

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

choosing the right length is always a balance between maneuverability (inline skate feel) and high speed stability. some people are not very tall and don't want to go long with non release bindings/long skiboards and also some people prefer hyper maneuverability. while others want to go as fast as possible, carve and not have their boards bounce out from under them, or want to float in deep powder more easily, or maximize surface area for landing jumps. this is why revel8 makes 90 - 110cm boards.

g

Comment

First of all, the spruce releasables are not an upgrade to the bomber elites by any means. It's just a matter of personal preference (i.e. whether you like releasable or non-releasable). Also, don't get to thinking that anything longer than 90cm won't feel like a skiboard; because they definitely will. The BWPs might not be a bad choice. I'd have to say either the BWPs or tanshos with bomber elites.

Dan
          Chickens w/ Spruce Pro Primes

Comment

I too am 5'4" but 140lbs. I decided to get the Tansho's because I wanted non-releaseable bindings and I have noticed that people our size should stick to roughly 90cm boards to avoid serious injuries.

As I mentioned, I read the reviews of the Tansho's and they should be awsome. I will be testing out my new Boards this Friday.

Comment

Tanshos are tha awesome

I also come from a skating background, and I'm 5'2", and the Tanshos with the Bomber bindings are quite incredible. Due to work and other annoying things I haven't gotten to test them fully, but my impressions after 3 times on them are that the speed is far from lacking on hard pack (passed everyone but a friend addicted to speed on a snowboard at Flatstar, then got bored with it all), the maneuverability is insane, and they're stable enough to not throw you around too much.They are very easy to skate on flat surfaces with. They're fun in that way that snowblades seem to be at first, but they have some dimension to their capabilities. I'm not all that into park riding, but the few jumps that I've taken on them intentionally or otherwise I landed fairly gracefully. It makes me quite happy that there's finally some spiffy skiboards under 99cm again. I've also got some of last year's Summit Nomads, and they are somewhat faster, but as I won't ride them with non-release bindings, it's hard to compare them fully. They are somewhat too long, though even crazier faster and considerably more stable, almost to a fault.
              In conclusion: Tanshos would probably work quite well for you.

Comment

Gotta say thanks here. I did get the tanshos and bombers.
                Tried them out two weeks ago, and am extremely pleased. the fun was well worth the money.

Comment

good to hear stumpy. hopefully we'll see you at next weekends butternut meet

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

Working...
                  X