Skiboards just for ride...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skiboards just for ride...

I'm thinking about buy a pair of snowblades but not for make tricks and go to any park, but just for ride...
    What do you think? Would them work ok for that?
    I have being rollerblading for 6 years and people told me that this is very similar to snowblades.

Please give me some advice and tips... maybe some model you could recomend me...

Thank you very mutch in advance!!!
    www.cutterdesign.com.ar

most skiboards are really made for all mountain purposes, meaning they are great for free ride also.

how tall are you and how much do you weight?
    Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

Don't get snowblades, they are an inferior kind of ski made by salomon. What you are looking for are skiboards. Since you won't be riding much park, I would go with the Loken CT also called cruise tools. Or wait a little while and get the Loken El Bajong. I'm not really sure about bindings, but I have heard good things about Line ffpro and the bomber elites.

Comment

i dont think they are any more el bajong boards being made, they where a limited edition of the ct8s
        Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

El Bajongs are available for preorder.

Comment

Thankyou guys for your replys.
            I'm 178 cm and my weight is 75 Kg.

I'm looking for skiboards so... they're not slow then?

What about the summit? I love the wood print on those. But kind of expensive for me... I'll use them by this season only.

www.cutterdesign.com.ar

Comment

Riding Boards

Summit is Skiboard.com's brand, which is SBOL's competing website and brand. Revel8 (SBOL's brand) and Summit are basically in the same league when it comes to quality, and a board from either brand will serve you well for years. There are differences in design philosophy, and with this year's models, I'd say Revel8 would be better for a beginner. They're lighter and a little softer on the flex than the Summits, so the Summits will be a bit more demanding in their learning curve. The woodgrain Summit Custom 110s are, or rather were, beautiful boards, but unfortunately are only available used now as those were the 05/06 models. This years Customs and Nomads are still great looking boards, but I think the Revel8s are better, but that's just opinion.

And no, skiboards are not slow. Once I get comfortable with a particular set of conditions, I can generally pass just about anyone on the slope on my Revel8 ALPs or Spruce 120s. Snowblades are considerably slower, as they not only lack the surface area for higher speed, but the stability that allows those higher speeds without killing yourself.

Comment

If you like the 06/07 summit looks then go ahead....
                I personally think they're ugly. You basically can only get aluminum fiber, because carbon fiber tops were very limited. I personally would recommend either the Revel8 ALPs or EMPs for great all mountain boards. But it's all a matter of personal preference.

Dan
                Chickens w/ Spruce Pro Primes

Comment

Re: Riding Boards

Originally posted by VaticDart
                  Summit is Skiboard.com's brand, which is SBOL's competing website and brand. Revel8 (SBOL's brand) and Summit are basically in the same league when it comes to quality, and a board from either brand will serve you well for years. There are differences in design philosophy, and with this year's models, I'd say Revel8 would be better for a beginner. They're lighter and a little softer on the flex than the Summits, so the Summits will be a bit more demanding in their learning curve. The woodgrain Summit Custom 110s are, or rather were, beautiful boards, but unfortunately are only available used now as those were the 05/06 models. This years Customs and Nomads are still great looking boards, but I think the Revel8s are better, but that's just opinion.

And no, skiboards are not slow. Once I get comfortable with a particular set of conditions, I can generally pass just about anyone on the slope on my Revel8 ALPs or Spruce 120s. Snowblades are considerably slower, as they not only lack the surface area for higher speed, but the stability that allows those higher speeds without killing yourself.
                  good advice. i just want to add that yes the revel8's will be easier for beginners however they are by no means not for experts. i have 20 years of skiing experience and i'm still in awe by what i can accomplish on them.

g

Comment

Yea I don't think anyone can keep up with Greco when we just cruise... He must have some hidden rocket boosters in his boots or something.

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

THANK YOU AGAIN GUYS!!
                      After searching, I'm between this two models

Alpina Marwin
                      http://www.massoutfitters.com/prodim...ski-blades.jpg

Alpina Magic
                      http://skiboards.com/graphics/produc...agic_large.jpg

and

Line Pro
                      http://www.getboards.com/snow/skiboa...boards_zm.html

The Summit are too expensive and this both are around $170 with bindings wich is afordable for me... and I'm a rookie so...

The only thing I need to figured out now is the length... I want to go fast first, and then try some tricks... so it's a 90 or 98 wath I need?
                      thank you again!
                      Last edited by tibursio; 01-07-2007, 10:57 PM.
                      www.cutterdesign.com.ar

Comment

In all honesty, those boards are not a good choice by any means. They are similar to Salomon Snowblades. Here is a link that explains why these styles of boards are not good. Most are foam core, which affects the flex and durability of the boards. All of the ones that you are looking into use 8 hold bindings which do not allow the right flex for skiboards, are cheaper and more likely to break, and can not be replaced. If you are simply looking for a budget way into the sport I would recommend getting the SnowJam 90's SnowJam 90's with the Extreme II bindings. This will only be $30 more and will be much higher quality equipment. It also means that if you like the sport, you can upgrade the bindings and boards at different times so it is not as big of a cost at once.
                        I do it because I can.
                        I can because I want to.
                        I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
                        '08 KTPs

Comment

Tibursio those boards are all trash man...

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

JUA
                            ok... all trash... I thougt they were ok.
                            Still searching.

thanks again.
                            www.cutterdesign.com.ar

Comment

If I were you I'd probably look into the Snowjam boards if you are looking to not spend as much. They are nice boards for a cheaper price, just not the high quality of the Loken Revel8 Spruce types.

G sells them on his site, check them out and see if you find one you'd like.
                              Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

Working...
                              X