Pros and Cons of relesable and non reeleasable bndings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pros and Cons of relesable and non reeleasable bndings

Hi, I am new to skiboarding and I was wandering if someone could tell me the pros and cons of both releasable bindings and non-releasble bindings. I would also like to know which type of binding is most commonly used in skibording.

Non-releasables are the most common, but are less safe than releasables because they WILL NOT pop off when you wreck and roll. You are more likely to hurt your legs somehow with these. The releasable bindings will pop off in case of an accident while the nons won't. With non releasable, you get a lot more bang for your buck, in my opinion. They are will provide more flex (i think) than releasables, depending on what you get (namely bomber elite). Hope that helps.

Dan
    Chickens w/ Spruce Pro Primes

Comment

thank you

Comment

Releasable pros
        - they release
        - easier to put on

releasable cons
        -heavier
        -more expensive
        -harder to adjust

Unreleasable pros
        -cheaper
        -lighter
        -look better in my opinion

Unreleasables cons
        -can be a bitch to put on
        -you can break your leg easier
        -can get loose

Comment

non release bindings also perform better. they provide a tighter connection between your boots and bindings so you'll get a better response from your boards.

very constructive post daniel. good job.

g

Comment

if i didnt read the name
            i would've never believed he wrote that

www.lokenindustries.com

Comment

Go with non releasables unless you have some kind of knee or ankle problems; they make for a much better ride. Plus, you can get the best non releasables for less than the spruces.

Do all of the spruce releasables have breaks?

Dan

Comment

I believe both pro models have brakes, though only the pro prime have wide brakes which are needed for most skiboards, since they are quite wide.
                Chickens with Spruce Pro Lite
                Line Jedis with Snowjams

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
                  if i didnt read the name
                  i would've never believed he wrote that
                  i know. i had to read the name 3 times. at first i thought it was danielb.

g

Comment

i didnt read the name before i read the post
                    which is unusual because some peoples posts i never read, so i always read the name first
                    and then i saw the signature
                    and was in shock.

www.lokenindustries.com

Comment

"Go with non releasables unless you have some kind of knee or ankle problems..."
                      On the other hand that may be a quick way to develop knee and ankle problems -- by breaking them. Or maybe not, I am timid when it comes to my appendages. I do wonder about the complaints that a releaseable binding flew off during some landing or trick. Might that have been your foot if the bindings couldn' relaese?

Comment

are non-releasables similar to snowboard bindings?

Comment

They are very similar to hardshell snowboard bindings. The main difference is how wide there are on the base, because you don't want the bindings as wide on skiboards as you do on snowboards. Most of the good skiboard bindings were made by companies that also make these hard shell snowboard bindings.
                          I do it because I can.
                          I can because I want to.
                          I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
                          '08 KTPs

Comment

Or maybe not, I am timid when it comes to my appendages
                            I wasn't aware that timid was a word that is capable of being applied to skiboarding. I say we ban it in the skiboarding world. All in favor?

Just busting on you kage, all in good fun. I'm not exactly the one out there trying fakie double backflips.

Dan

Comment

wimpy might be a better description. My avatar on other forums is a pink donut.

Comment

Working...
                              X