Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

I have been Ski Boarding for about 3 years now. And i know how to ride pretty good. I can do 360 and 180's on top of the snow and i can stop and all of that stuff. However i have no problem turning around backwards but i cannot ski backwards or at least under control like being able to turn and gain speed. I am an Ice Hockey player and have been ice skating my entire life and at first i found being able to ice skate an advantage and i was wondering what habbits on ice skates can help me ski board ? (to any ice skaters)

2nd I am having trouble Grinding...
    Should i have more or less speed when experimenting with grinding?
    How should my body position and skis be compared to the rail or box?
    I tend to slip off and slide off or loose my balance what is causing that and what could I do to work on improving that?

How often should i hot wax my board and should i often use rub on wax before going to the mtn. Does it matter what rub on waxx you use??

What will waxing your board help you with? wiill it help you grind??

and any tips on how to get more air off a jump?? and any advise for better landing??
    when going off a jump shouold you hit with alot of speed then fly off or ot as much speed then try to explode off of the top by pusing off with your knees?

wow. I'll try to answer as many of your questions as possible.

grinding - try to go faster, if you go faster you will not be required to balance as much and you will find that momentum will carry you on the rail, thats why most snowboarders will fall off halfway down.

same with a jump, you more you have to "push" off of a jump the more ackward it will be.

body position is different for everyone but basically you want a slight bend in the knees.

I hot wax my boards before every trip but i think it's a bit excessive. I'd say every 3-4 times you should be alright.

Skiing backwards I've been doing alot of recently and I've found that you should look over the shoulder that you are turning and its exactly the same as going forward.

I've recently started carving backwards and that is really insane.

Keep it up you'll get it in no time.

-mark
    Last edited by Mark; 01-05-2007, 06:44 PM.

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

don't go at the rail or box too fast, or you'll end up falling backwards, just as if you were to go off slow, you'd lose your balance.

when riding to the rail or box make sure the rail is between your legs when youre on the jump.
      (assuming youre not hitting an urban style rail)

jump into the rail, not carve. don't make any turns when on the jump, make sure you pop first, so you're turning in the air.

only turn the lower half of your body, your head and torso can still stay in the same position.

try landing with your feet about shoulder width apart, and the rail right under your boots to keep your balance.

balance with more weight on your front foot to keep you from fallling back on your head.

look at the end of the rail instead of your feet and don't freak out while on the rail, keep your feet positioned at a complete 90 degree until you finish the rail.

don't jump out of the rail, it'll only fuck you up.

www.lokenindustries.com

Comment

Working...
      X