advice on what gear to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice on what gear to buy

Hey im new to the sport and looking to buy some boards and bindings. i have a couple seasons experience snowboarding and have done lots of research on the topic of skiboards, but am just looking for any helpful advice.
    I am 6'02 about 180 pounds and pretty athletic. I like to ride everything really. I enjoy hitting jumps in the park, carving thru trees and takin on powder (since there is a good amount of fresh powder at my local mtn). Id like to have as much control as possible with them still being long enough to rule the entire mtn. I also ride with other snowboarders and skiers so being able to go fast and keep up is important.
    As for boards i have narrowed my choices to either the 98 cm BWP's or the 105 cm EMP's. any suggestions would be much appreciated to help me make a final decision.
    also im thinking of either line ff pro bindings or the bomber elites. I'd rather spend a little extra now and not have to make many future buys. thanks

I'm a little smaller than you and I ride EMP's without any trouble. For your size and what you say you like to ride I'd probably say EMP's or even ALP's would serve you well.
    Chickens with Spruce Pro Lite
    Line Jedis with Snowjams

Comment

Either of those bindings will be fine without upgrades. Bombers are better for all mountain riding but don't have quite as tiny adjustments as the FF Pro's
      I do it because I can.
      I can because I want to.
      I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
      '08 KTPs

Comment

I really don't think you'll need to worry about upgrading your bindings as a beginning skiboarder, but you could very well prove me wrong. As for my opinion? EMP all the way, especially with your size/athletecism. You may want to consider loken as well if you're looking into that size range. Best of luck.

Dan
        Chickens w/ Spruce Pro Primes

Comment

thanks for the feedback guys, im thinkin im gonna go with the EMP's and probly line bindings since they are a little bit cheaper

Comment

the line FF pros should be just fine

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

Working...
            X