Profile me for a set of boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profile me for a set of boards

Hey, I figured the best people to advise me on boards would be here. So any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I'm an intermediate level skier. I have a set of skis that I ride pretty well. I'm going to get into skiboards instead because I love skating. Everything I read says that skiboards are for me. Here's what I want to do on my boards.

-Intermediate level skier
    -like to ride slopes (I'm on blue-blacks for now, getting better. will definitely go more difficult on the skiboards)
    -not really into tricks or parks
    -carving (is that just winding back and forth, spraying powder?) sounds like fun to me
    -skiing conditions: I'm in the southeast, so the closer places to me will probably be a bit more icy than average. Eventually (pending funds) I'm going to ride anywhere I can. The rockies look wonderful.

So, I'm looking for advice on length, width, style, etc. I don't need the top of the line, uber-trickster, half-pipe riding boards, just some that I can enjoy on a variety of surfaces for mostly downhill type riding. A good, all-around set.

Thanks a ton,
    JC

What is your height/weight?
    I do it because I can.
    I can because I want to.
    I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
    '08 KTPs

Comment

oh, right.

6'
      200 lbs

Comment

For you and what you plan on riding I would say go with the EMP's or ALP's if you can afford them. If you don't have enough, go with the SnowJam 99's if you don't think you're going to be in powder much. They are good for cruizing the groomers but aren't too great in powder or the park. If you think you'll be out west in the powder, then your best bet for cheaper boards would the the SnowJam 90's, but personally I would say EMP's or ALP's are your best bet.
        I do it because I can.
        I can because I want to.
        I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
        '08 KTPs

Comment

MNPs would be good for you...check out this link...they're priced well under $200 which is a great deal. Other MNPs I've seen have gone for around $200.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...9231&rd=1&rd=1

The bid looks like it's ending in less than 6 hours though.
          Fakedaddyfunk

Comment

Working...
          X