Canon M7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canon M7

I am an absolute beginner, I've got only one week experience on normal ski's.
    I have heard so much good things about skiboards that I want to try them. I have heard a lot of good things about the Canon M7, but is this board suitable for an absolute beginner like me?

the best thing you could do is try skiboarding first. it's like any other sport, you either love it or you don't. Try it out and consider a few pairs...Canon M7's, Groove BG and Snowjam 90cm. These are all great for you. Enjoy! Hint: Keep and eye out for www.skiboardreview.com in the next week as some reviews should be up by next week

Comment

With skiboarding people often feel they should start out on a cheap, beginner model but that's not really the best route to take. Since skiboarding is very easy to learn a rider who starts out on cheap boards will save maybe $50 bucks in the beginning but usually very soon (within days or weeks) they outgrow the crappy boards and want to upgrade to higher quality ones with better materials and a better design. Plus, compared to skis, even high end skiboards are inexpensive.

The best thing to do is buy a quality pair of boards and bindings to start off with and you'll be set for years if not longer just with that one well thought out investment.
      Reply with your height and what type of terrain and riding appeals to you and i'd be happy to suggest some equipment that i'm sure you'll be happy with for a long time.

Greco
      Rider / Owner - Skiboardsonline.com

Comment

Trying them out will be a little difficult, since I live in the Netherlands where we don't have any mountains and the indoor tracks don't have any rentals. But since I love to ski, so I am pretty sure that I won't regret buying myself a pair of quality skiboards.
        What I want is to keep up with my friends who are still using normal ski's and snowboards. Since they are a lot more experienced then me I am looking for a easy way to climb to their level as fast as possible, so we can make some trips without me holding up the whole group. And learning some cool tricks to impress them would be a bonus..... :-)
        So the terrain and ride will be pretty 'normal', at least for now.... who knows what will happen.
        I was thinking about the Canon M7 with Spruce Riser releaseable bindings, but I am open to all suggestions!
        My length and weight: 5.7 feet and 187 pound.

Comment

fietsbel,

all you've heard about the M7's is true...they are great boards. And, the spruce bindings are the best releasable solution available. it sounds like you've choosen a really good setup that will allow you to keep up, with if not pass, most of your skiing and snowboarding friends.

G

Comment

Let the

rider = riding style = mountain type = skiboard

Where, if you live in a place that has a lot of indoor tracks, which is mostly manmade, well groomed snow running short distances and has a few really nice features wouldn't warrant a high-speed, all mountain board. It would take about 30 seconds to reach the bottom and all that 99cm of big mountain experience wouldn't be enjoyed to the full potential.

Perhaps 90cm Heritage, Snowjam 90's or even the 75's would do well here and save you some money as well.

At my local mountain, I don't use my BG 99's (save them for nice big mountains) because I found out its a little more effort to swing the boards around in a spin. My 75cm boards are perfect because the mountain is small and very well groomed. No need for all mountain boards here.
            Snow Jam 90TT

Comment

Hi zenderfall, you've got a good point there that the 99 cm boards are not perfect for indoor tracks.
              I've been in doubt on which board to buy for a while now, I've been harrassing all my friends about my 'problem'.... and now the problem just became a little bit bigger :-)
              Is there really that much difference between a 99 and a 90 cm board, or would you suggest a 75 cm board for indoor tracks anyway?

Comment

Greco's right about not worrying bout trying it out.

i bought s-jam 75s, having no experience on the slopes except one day on a snowboard. they dont take long to adjust to at all. dont worry about renting them, most the ones i see rented are the skinny ski blades with plastic or releasable bindings & most the ppl that rent em have ski poles. it just looks ridiculous.

jus buy the boards you like, theyre not that expensive, and get out on the slopes before youre outta snow.

have fun. if you wanna do it, huck it & f*ck it. peace.

Comment

Yes, they do make a big difference, speaking from experience, 90's and 99's perform differently not only because of their length, but because of other factors as well, like sidecut, width, height, material, etc....

Because they are so small, tiny changes make a big difference. I'd say for an indoor track hit up a skiboard that's 90 and below. Snowjam, Heritage, SUmmit 85, etc....

Have a good time!
                  Snow Jam 90TT

Comment

Working...
                  X