Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

I just bought some Atomic boots yesterday, when I tried then with the bomber bindings I notice that the top of the toe clip touch the top of the boots so the bottom of the toe clip doesn’t fit quite well in the boots. (I don’t know if this is a normal thing to happen)
    Despite that the boots stays very tie to the boards…
    Should I keep this boots or should I try to get another because this could cause pre releases?
    I add an image to balance my poor English.
    Attached Files

Try adjusting the screw circled in this pic.
    Attached Files

Comment

If I adjust that screw it wouldn’t solve my problem… my problem is (and I don’t even know if that is a real problem) the top of the toe clip touch the top of the boots (red circle) so the bottom of the toe clip doesn’t fit quite well in the boots (white circle).
      But I really don’t know if this is a normal thing, I just thought it will fit better (white circle) …
      I have no experience with non-realise and I don't even see one until now (In Portugal we only practice ski or snowboard) so maybe this is how a non-realising should look like, I don’t know…
      Attached Files

Comment

I'm pretty sure that set screw is what you want to adjust. If you screw it in a little it will raise the toe clip off the boot. I know what you're saying about the part that meets the boot but I think this is ok.

Comment

The fact that the toe clip is touching his boot isn't his problem. His problem is that the boots are tall enough that the toe clip doesn't clamp down as far as it looks like it should. I don't know how far down the bomber bindings need to clamp in order to be secure, but I thought I would try to clear up the problem since there seems to be some confusion. It is nothing to do with the set screw. So does anyone know if that toe clip is closed enough to not release or have any problems?
          I do it because I can.
          I can because I want to.
          I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
          '08 KTPs

Comment

That’s exactly my problem… if anyone can clear that I’ll be grateful…

Comment

here's a simple test you can do. strap in on your carpet or somewhere similiar and throw all your weight forward and backwards, balacing on the tips or tails. put some pillows on the ground or something. try adjusting that screw some too.

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

Here's a poor quality side shot of my bombers. I have only released once and it was from pulling my leg up out of a tree stump that ate my board. If you can put them on and move forward and backward with no loose feeling, they'll probably be fine.

Of course I release myself from any responsibility if anything should happen.
                Attached Files

Comment

Ok, probably I’ll keep these boots. Thanks for the replies

Comment

which color bumpers are those ? have you tried going one more setting in on the bindings?

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

These are the red bumpers… I’ve tried different settings but with the same result.
                      I take the simple test that you said and the bombers pass I had no loose feeling at all, it seems that the boots were glued to the boards.
                      I’m keeping this boots.
                      Thanks again for yours replies

Comment

Working...
                      X