Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by piet-0 View Post
    Still Revolt?
    Also, may I ask why KTP is not for powder? What else would the width provide, if not powder capabilities?
    I still think the Revolts are good boards for you, they are not that soft that you would worry about them not holding up.

For increased floating, board needs width, but also length, and the rockered vs cambered shape of the boards is important. The KTPs are wide, but not that long at 101cm and being cambered no rocker, that helps more with carving than floating. But in setback position I found they do remarkably well.
    In comparison, the Blunt XL, even if they are basically the same length, they have 1cm more in width (that's 100cm2 per board more surface) and especially they are zero camber + rocker (+ setback option), all which increase their float in powder.

Doesn't seem like there is overly much out there.
    In Europe we don't have much choice indeed, lately the shipping prices from US have massively increased, making things even worse, but in time things pop-up, either here in the forum or on different eBay or local sites, with patience and regular searches you get to find more boards than you would imagine at first

Myself: RVL8 2011 KTP, Spruce 125 LE, RVL8 "Drooling Clouds" RCs, Spruce 2016 Osprey
    Daughter: Twoowt Pirania 95cm; RVL8 2015 Blunt XL; RVL8 2021 SII; Spruce Crossbows
    Past: RVL8 2010 Revolt Trees, RVL8 2014 Condor, RVL8 2009 ALPdors, Spruce 120 Yellow/Red

Comment

Thanks for all the info again!

Originally posted by newbie2011 View Post
      For increased floating, board needs width, but also length, and the rockered vs cambered shape of the boards is important. The KTPs are wide, but not that long at 101cm and being cambered no rocker, that helps more with carving than floating. But in setback position I found they do remarkably well.
      In comparison, the Blunt XL, even if they are basically the same length, they have 1cm more in width (that's 100cm2 per board more surface) and especially they are zero camber + rocker (+ setback option), all which increase their float in powder.
      Would you mind telling me, what do the KTPs provide compared to the Revolts, if it's not powder capabilities in particular? And vice versa, what do the Revolts provide which the KTPs maybe don't?

Could I also ask, since I am considering release bindings with breaks for the Revolts, would wider breaks suited for KTPs or wider boards be weird or even in the way on the Revolts? Just thinking, when I wanna get wider boards in the future, I might just wanna reuse my binding instead of getting new ones and thus get a pair of bindings that fits wider boards, too.

Comment

Would you mind telling me, what do the KTPs provide compared to the Revolts, if it's not powder capabilities in particular? And vice versa, what do the Revolts provide which the KTPs maybe don't?

Could I also ask, since I am considering release bindings with breaks for the Revolts, would wider breaks suited for KTPs or wider boards be weird or even in the way on the Revolts? Just thinking, when I wanna get wider boards in the future, I might just wanna reuse my binding instead of getting new ones and thus get a pair of bindings that fits wider boards, too.
        From your earlier comment it sounded as you consider KTPs a "powder board", as in "best for powder" (like the XLs and RCs), and to me the KTPs don't belong in this category. If you had in mind powder capabilities, completely agree, the KTPs have in my opinion very good powder capabilities. Cannot directly compare with the Revolts, back then I have not tried them in powder. I would say the Revolts are in "best for carving" and KTPs in "best all mountain" categories, but keep in mind that all skiboards have multiple facets and fit multiple conditions, so it's rarely a "black or white" distinction

Wider brakes are not weird, keep in mind they anyway retract to a certain extent when you step in the bindings, and it will not be a problem. Other options are to either completely remove the brakes and use leashes on both type of boards (wide or not) or to have two setups: one with brakes, one with heel-pads plus leashes. For the RCs, that are 16.5 cm wide, I could not find brakes wide enough, so I've removed the arms from the original 90mm brakes and I could screw-in the heel pad and still use them with leashes. I bought as extra some wider brakes (130cm) so when I want to move the setup to narrower boards and avoid to deal with leashes, there's one extra screw to toy with, to replace the heel pad with the one having brakes.

Whichever way you go, depending on the boards you get, one of these options will make more sense, but rest assured you'll be able to reuse your release bindings.
        Myself: RVL8 2011 KTP, Spruce 125 LE, RVL8 "Drooling Clouds" RCs, Spruce 2016 Osprey
        Daughter: Twoowt Pirania 95cm; RVL8 2015 Blunt XL; RVL8 2021 SII; Spruce Crossbows
        Past: RVL8 2010 Revolt Trees, RVL8 2014 Condor, RVL8 2009 ALPdors, Spruce 120 Yellow/Red

Comment

Thank you so much!

Comment

Working...
          X