Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skiboards suitable for a short girl ? Is 75cm the correct length for her?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skiboards suitable for a short girl ? Is 75cm the correct length for her?

Hey guys,

While I`m still waiting for my DLPs to arrive next week from Spain, my girl also became interested.

As I am looking through the size charts it seems like she needs 75cm skiboards.

Her height is 153cm / 5.03 feet in US size chart

Is Snowjam Panzer 75 cm her only option?

https://skiboards.com/product/snowjam-75cm-panzer-wb-skiboards-w-fixed-ski-boot-bindings/

Also, If by chance someone from Europe is selling a suitable set, please message me.

How old is she and how many kg ? I've started my daughter on short skis for her first years, having less width they are easier to put on the edge and carve/brake for kids.

In 75cm you also have the RVL Bantams https://www.skiboardsonline.com/c/75bantam.html which I would suppose are even easier to start on than the Snowjam, being only 12/10/12cm in width
    Myself: RVL8 2011 KTP, Spruce 125 LE, RVL8 2009 ALPdors, Spruce 2016 Osprey
    Daughter: Twoowt Pirania 95cm; RVL8 2015 Blunt XL; RVL8 2021 SII, Spruce 120 Yellow/Red
    Previously: RVL8 2010 Revolt Trees, RVL8 2014 Condor

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2011 View Post
      How old is she and how many kg ? I've started my daughter on short skis for her first years, having less width they are easier to put on the edge and carve/brake for kids.

In 75cm you also have the RVL Bantams https://www.skiboardsonline.com/c/75bantam.html which I would suppose are even easier to start on than the Snowjam, being only 12/10/12cm in width
      She's 50kg / 30yo... Good to know that rvl8 got the 75cm length too. I'll keep an eye on the forum and wallapop / eBay..

She said "I want to see how you ride those things first ... " Anyway

Comment

Originally posted by viachy View Post

She's 50kg / 30yo... Good to know that rvl8 got the 75cm length too. I'll keep an eye on the forum and wallapop / eBay..

She said "I want to see how you ride those things first ... " Anyway
        Be careful that she doesn't want to steal those DLPs from you once she sees them I'd get her some boards of herself to be on the safe side
        But for her I would think you can go longer, as long as you stay under 100cm I would not be worried. Boards like Allz 94 ( https://www.skiboardsonline.com/c/Allz_skiboards.html ) or Twoowt Pirania 95cm ( http://www.twoowt.ru/skiboards/95 ) could be interesting options.

Another thing to keep in mind: I would personally put her on risers + release bindings, just to be on the safer side for a beginner.

Myself: RVL8 2011 KTP, Spruce 125 LE, RVL8 2009 ALPdors, Spruce 2016 Osprey
        Daughter: Twoowt Pirania 95cm; RVL8 2015 Blunt XL; RVL8 2021 SII, Spruce 120 Yellow/Red
        Previously: RVL8 2010 Revolt Trees, RVL8 2014 Condor

Comment

Although height does come into the equation, the best skiboard for her is really about the type of conditions she will ride in and her skill level. Don't just go short because she's a girl.
          Just these, nothing else !

Comment

she is only a bit smaller than our own Rachel Lynam that rode Mary janes for years and now rides Spliffs. There are many options that you can get for her. Personally, If I were you, Id get her a set of Sticky's and call it a day. They are some of the most versatile boards made.
            2011 Spruce "Blue Board" Sherpa with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track
            2018 Spruce "Woody" Sherpa with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track
            20?? Spruce Sherpa "White Board" Prototypes w SLR 10 DM Track
            20?? Spruce Sherpa "White Board" Prototypes still in plastic
            2020 Spruce " Ski Track" Crossbows

2018 "Dave's Face" DLPs
            2016 Blunt XL
            2015 Rockered Condors

2021 125cm Summit Marauder
            2021 118cm Summit Invertigo
            2021 110cm Summit Bamboo

Spruce Prototype Demo Risers

Boots: Full Tilt Descendant 8 w 6 tongue

Comment

My wife is the same height and has owned / ridden most of the under 110 cm skiboards over the years. The Stickies are her go to skiboards. Those are what I would recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

MOst people who choose 75cm boards run into their limitations very quickly. Also the size chart is meant as a guide for non-releasable bindings. My daughter is 1.59m and rides Spruce Crossbows (115cm) as her goto boards. I'm sure your girlfriend will do well on anything 100cm+.

Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
                Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
                Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

Working...
                X