Best Ski boots to purchase for Receptor Bindings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Ski boots to purchase for Receptor Bindings

Hi im new to Skiboarding, I recently got the Receptor non realease bindings and I would like to know what kind of ski boots go best with the bindings?, i.e brand, style etc.

Since boots require a very personal fit, specific models cannot really be recommended i.e. I cannot even step into Scarpa boots or the SPX model from Salomon. What can be recommended is to look for specific groupings of boots. As such for skiboarding what works are boots that are more upright and of a softer flex - you really don't need 130 flex boots of downhill racing boots. Look for Freestyle (park) boots or Free-riring/All terrain boots. Depending on your weight typically a 90-110 flex should do. (Females can even go for a softer flex if need be).

If you go armed with that information into a boot fitter you can actually get something that works really well. Custom footbeds etc. can be really helpful.

Most boots will work with Receptopr unless the toe piece on the boot is really, really wide.
    Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
    Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
    Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

The best boot for the binding ?
      I would say find the best boot that fits you. The receptor works with virtual every boot. I’m not sure if they were made to fit one boot over another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ysb33r View Post
        Since boots require a very personal fit, specific models cannot really be recommended i.e. I cannot even step into Scarpa boots or the SPX model from Salomon. What can be recommended is to look for specific groupings of boots. As such for skiboarding what works are boots that are more upright and of a softer flex - you really don't need 130 flex boots of downhill racing boots. Look for Freestyle (park) boots or Free-riring/All terrain boots. Depending on your weight typically a 90-110 flex should do. (Females can even go for a softer flex if need be).

If you go armed with that information into a boot fitter you can actually get something that works really well. Custom footbeds etc. can be really helpful.

Most boots will work with Receptopr unless the toe piece on the boot is really, really wide.
        Thanks for the Input, I will definitely bring this info in when buying the boots. Thanks again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom91381 View Post
          The best boot for the binding ?
          I would say find the best boot that fits you. The receptor works with virtual every boot. I’m not sure if they were made to fit one boot over another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Makes sense, but I would still would want the best fitting boot that fits best for the bindings. Thanks for the input!!

Comment

Like ysb stated you don’t need a downhill racing boot, most of us prefer a boot that you stand up a little more straight. I know many don’t want a high stiffness boot and want a bit softer. I have 2 different boots, one is a 100 flex with the custom boot liners and the other is a full tilt descant 8. It’s about ½ size bigger then the other and a wider toe box. I like the 2 different boots for when I’m doing many days in a row of skiing.

Sent from Tom via TapATalk

Comment

IMHO there seems to be 2 basic categories of boots, performance fit and comfort fit. I can't wear performance fit boots for even 10 seconds. I have a plate and screws in my leg right at the boot cuff and performance fit boots fit so tight they are like little iron maiden torture devices. I have to search out comfort fit boots. My current boots are Head mid-entry boots.

Comment

Some ski boots activate the "walk mode" with a button on the heel that has to be depressed, making them very hard to use with a non release binding.
                Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Many new models have now "gripwalk" soles, not sure if this would be a half issue with non-release bindings, haven't looked into it, if you plan on such soles I would check this. Worst case you would need to buy extra regular soles, that's why I'm saying it's not a show stopper.
                  Myself: RVL8 2011 KTP, Spruce 125 LE, RVL8 "Drooling Clouds" RCs, Spruce 2016 Osprey
                  Daughter: Twoowt Pirania 95cm; RVL8 2015 Blunt XL; RVL8 2021 SII; Spruce Crossbows
                  Past: RVL8 2010 Revolt Trees, RVL8 2014 Condor, RVL8 2009 ALPdors, Spruce 120 Yellow/Red

Comment

Working...
                  X